Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it ok

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:33 PM
  • 17 Replies

To put an entertainment stand in front of the window. Because that is where my hubby would like it. But I am not to sure. Some people think that it would collect more dust. I am not sure. So please tell me your thoughts. 

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
August07Mom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:35 PM

We used to have one in front of the window.  I didn't notice anymore dust collection than normal.  I did hate blocking the window though; but it was about the place we had to put one.

victoriaherring
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:35 PM

I don't like putting anything in front of windows unless the entire window is still in view. If the enterainment center is taller than the bottom window sill I would say no, but I guess its all personal opinion..

Jukebox_Jenny
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:43 PM
If it looks good there, do it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nutmeg101
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:46 PM

I wouldn't worry about dust as much as i would blocking a window -  but that is personal preference.  Like Jenny said, if it looks good - do it!  

johnny4ever
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:27 PM

I dont like ours there-sorry!Do you usually put your xmas tree there?

MamaJane
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:50 PM

Do you have the window covered? If not, it may look funny from the outside.  Other then that, I wouldn't see a problem.  You aren't going to be able to utilize the window if it's covered, so I don't see how it would be more dusty.

BOOGIETHEBOOG
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:15 PM

Quoting MamaJane:

Do you have the window covered? If not, it may look funny from the outside.  Other then that, I wouldn't see a problem.  You aren't going to be able to utilize the window if it's covered, so I don't see how it would be more dusty.

Yes I have curtins. That covers the window.

BOOGIETHEBOOG
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:19 PM

Thank you all. Now I have to think. On what to do.

sunshinepraying
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:41 PM

Not sure about the dust part. I've never tried it, but I like to have as much sunlight come into the house as possible, so I try not to put things in front of the windows.

Anniebel22
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:42 PM
We covered a window and wall completely, so it looks like a fabric covered wall. Then we put our headboard in front of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)