Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Something fell down into the dryer lint trap...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:32 PM
  • 29 Replies

Tonight while I was cleaning the lint screen, something dropped down into the trap. I have no idea what fell down in there, I had a bunch of random things I needed to put away on the washer and dryer (I usually don't and this is going to be a big lesson to never leave shit all over the tiny laundry closet lol). I heard something fall in there, and at first I wasn't sure if anything did fall in.  STUPIDLY, I put the screen back on and started the dryer. It made a nasty loud noise and I opened it up real quick to shut it off. When I pulled the screen out it smelled really hot. Ew.  Now.. I can't fit my hand down in there, and my vacuum hose is to big around to fit in there (I tried for like 10 minutes LOL).  Is there any way I can fix this without having to call my landlord and let his crappy "handyman" come take care of it?   (It took us WEEKS to get this guy to come fix our air conditioner when we moved in a few months ago)

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 4:01 AM

Can you unplug the dryer, bend a wire hanger with a very small hook on the end (use a needle nose or other pliers)  and try inserting it gently?

johnny4ever
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 6:21 AM

We had a chipmunk hop in ours once from the outside

Bmat
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 7:38 AM

Oh no!

Quoting johnny4ever:

Mom2Kylie2708
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 8:02 AM
Quoting johnny4ever:

That's crazy, they are so cute :) lol
hailnbray
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 8:29 AM
If u have a leaf blower u can go outside n try to blow it out but u need to unhook the trap from the back. It may or may not have fallen that far
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jukebox_Jenny
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:19 PM
Ew!!!

Quoting johnny4ever:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJane
by Jane on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:22 PM

Quoting johnny4ever:

He needed a set and dry!

MamaJane
by Jane on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:23 PM

op- I have an attachment that goes on my vacuum and it's for sucking things (mostly the lint that gets stuffed in there-to prevent fires)out of the dryer.  My fil bought it for us.

Terri441
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:41 PM

Quoting MamaJane:

op- I have an attachment that goes on my vacuum and it's for sucking things (mostly the lint that gets stuffed in there-to prevent fires)out of the dryer.  My fil bought it for us.

Wow what a brilliant attachment!

Terri441
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:42 PM

Quoting johnny4ever:

Good grief! did he just hop out again or did you have to do something to encourage him?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)