Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fly Lady

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:53 AM
  • 12 Replies
I have heard a lot of tall about this program. Anyone care to share how it works and what its all about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:32 PM

I am interested also

elasmimi
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:43 PM

This will sort of answer both 1 and 2. I do a modified fly lady. She has a program that has certain steps you follow in order, as a way of maintaining a cleaning schedule. You can google it to get the program. Some of her points are great for me, some not so much. Like any plan I guess. Two of her main things are having a clean sink, which has really worked for me, and getting dressed every am first thing, including lace up shoes, which does not. There's a lot more to it than that, and I would advise anyone who needs help getting organized to at least check her out.

MamaJane
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:22 PM

I don't Fly however just go to the website and check it out would be the easiest way.

Bmat
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:30 PM

I haven't done it, but I am relishing not having to follow someone else's rules. Of course my house doesn't look great.

smile357
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:10 PM

I'm definately checking it out, any help I can get

Terri441
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:41 PM

I appreciate the concept of the fly lady but have had to adapt a plan I made that suits me better and still has me hit everything I need to in a week.

Terri441
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:42 PM

To add...I will say I think it's a great concept though

afkitty
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 8:59 AM

I do it modified, too.  The main idea is to hit all the spots you need to over the course of a week so you're not spending all weekend cleaning.  It works great when I don't have school.  Right now, I am not doing good at keeping up, but we are keeping the house clean for the most part, so I guess it's a success.

nickygsmommy
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 1:00 PM
The point is to adapt if to fit your needs. Take what works and leave the rest.

Quoting Bmat:

I haven't done it, but I am relishing not having to follow someone else's rules. Of course my house doesn't look great.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wandep
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 3:40 PM

I love flying..I adapt mine as well. She has a website you can check out that is great..www.flylady.net. We also have a group on cm called fluttering flybabies  simplified. I love it. :) We are not a part of flylady we are just a group of women who like to clean. She suggest starting baby steps....they are on her website. Her days are split up too like this..

Sunday -- renew your spirit day

Monday -- Home Blessing Day: dust, empty trash cans, vacuum, swish and swipe bathrooms, strip sheets and wash, and purge magazines if you have any.

Tuesday -- Do something for yourself day

Wednesday -- anti procrastination day

Thursday -- Errand day

Friday -- Date night

Saturday -- Family night

Hope this helps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)