Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

week one of organizing done

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:55 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

I spent all last week in the kitchen, tossing things, reorganizing cabinets, deep cleaning shelves etc and it went well. Now this week will be the real challenge. doing the next room on my list while keeping the first room cleaned. I plan on doing the office next. Organizing files, tossing clutter, etc. I think this plan is working.

today I can say I just sat back and was greatful for having the greatest kids I could ask for. I am going to worry less and love a little more. I am going to stop counting the minutes till bed time and start counting the minutes till good night kisses. I am going to stop crying and start laughing. I know together this family can move mountains one rock at a time
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessicasmom1
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:56 PM

Very nice , I need to get things done here too after Christmas . 

Jukebox_Jenny
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:09 PM
Good luck! I love doing that!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Terri441
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:21 PM
Great job! I need to tackle my kitchen and office too. I'm kind of putting it off until Christmas is over though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:28 PM

You go girl!

MamaJane
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:22 PM

Great job!!!!! Just make sure to put everything away every time with the room you've already cleaned.  The big clean is the hard part. Now it's just up keep!

johnny4ever
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:30 PM

awesome

elasmimi
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:48 PM

Wish I could get that motivated!

Lefthandedgal
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 1:36 PM

Have you put your tree up yet?  Hey there Hailnbray, I have learned that cleaning 15 minutes a day in a room like setting papers to be sorted, papers to be filet, etc, engaging the kids to help pick things up. Remember we can have our perfect homes when the kids are grown and we cannot get the memories that our cleaning prevented us from having with our kids. Now having said that I will confess that I hate that my home does not look like a magazine spread. Yes I have a beautiful home but It looks lived in instead of hte museum I would prefer it to look like. When my kids spend the night with a grandparent for the weekend or friends, I get the house spotless and like the museum but after having it looking like I want, Do you know what I notice, I do not hear their laughter, or their giggling, or even their fussing at each other. I feel empty till my babies teens though they are , are back in my nest again. I am realizing that teens are messy kids and as long as the house is mopped, vacuumed, the trash taken out, the dishes done they are fed, their laundry is done and put up, and that the bathrooms are cleaned and all, this is all that matters and Memories with my kids are more important and I need to chill on my perfectionist. BTW know that you are not alone, Hailnbray, that I am feeling just as you do and I am now a fan of this group and if you are having an I want to scream day, know that IM probably having one too so just say hey lefthanded gal, its an I hate being a perfectionist day and I will see your post and  let you know that you are not alone, and that your feelings are real, not crazy and very valid and that your feelings and thoughts as a mom MATTER!!. Happy Cleaning to you. -Lefthandedgal

hailnbray
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 3:06 PM

thank you. I agree things do not always need to be perfect and i do let things go like their bedrooms. i wont even walk in there anymore. i just feel clutter then my brain gets on over load and im crabby and dont want to do anything. i need to get mentally organized as well as the house. the house isnt bad at any givin time. i know its all in my head really but just seeing all the stuff we have is over whelming. i feel so alone lately and it hurts.

Quoting Lefthandedgal:

Have you put your tree up yet?  Hey there Hailnbray, I have learned that cleaning 15 minutes a day in a room like setting papers to be sorted, papers to be filet, etc, engaging the kids to help pick things up. Remember we can have our perfect homes when the kids are grown and we cannot get the memories that our cleaning prevented us from having with our kids. Now having said that I will confess that I hate that my home does not look like a magazine spread. Yes I have a beautiful home but It looks lived in instead of hte museum I would prefer it to look like. When my kids spend the night with a grandparent for the weekend or friends, I get the house spotless and like the museum but after having it looking like I want, Do you know what I notice, I do not hear their laughter, or their giggling, or even their fussing at each other. I feel empty till my babies teens though they are , are back in my nest again. I am realizing that teens are messy kids and as long as the house is mopped, vacuumed, the trash taken out, the dishes done they are fed, their laundry is done and put up, and that the bathrooms are cleaned and all, this is all that matters and Memories with my kids are more important and I need to chill on my perfectionist. BTW know that you are not alone, Hailnbray, that I am feeling just as you do and I am now a fan of this group and if you are having an I want to scream day, know that IM probably having one too so just say hey lefthanded gal, its an I hate being a perfectionist day and I will see your post and  let you know that you are not alone, and that your feelings are real, not crazy and very valid and that your feelings and thoughts as a mom MATTER!!. Happy Cleaning to you. -Lefthandedgal

today I can say I just sat back and was greatful for having the greatest kids I could ask for. I am going to worry less and love a little more. I am going to stop counting the minutes till bed time and start counting the minutes till good night kisses. I am going to stop crying and start laughing. I know together this family can move mountains one rock at a time
wandep
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 3:33 PM

Way to go !!! Glad things are working out for you. Sounds like a good idea too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)