Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing
So I been wanting to make my own homemade cleaning solutions to save a little money an not use such harsh chemicals. At this point I need any help possible!!! Or even post links to pages that have homemade ideas. For example... Laundry detergent, dish soap, cleaning of kitchen, bathrooms, carpet cleaner for a shampooer.. I just ran out of laundry detergent so I would love any advice/ ingredients. I also cloth diaper so would love something safe to clean those also.

Thanks so much!!!!

Love,
Carla
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 1:03 AM
Replies (51-54):
MagnoliaRose
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Vinegar is the key ingredient. I usually start with that and then add lemon juice ,baking soda and water. I use that as an every day cleaner. All purpose. It works well on the bathtub. I use bleach and lemon juice in the toilet. I have found that vinegar is also great when washing hair.Use it weekly to wash the residue of hair products out of hair. It leaves hair clean and shiny. 

BethWorthy
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 7:28 AM

Hi Gloverbaby,

In order to keep your bathrooms and kitchen tile spotless and hygienic with these natural cleansers:

Baking Soda and Water: Dust surfaces with baking soda, then scrub with a moist sponge or cloth. If you have tougher grime, sprinkle on some kosher salt, and work up some elbow grease. 
Lemon Juice or Vinegar: Got stains, mildew or grease streaks? Spray or douse with lemon juice or vinegar. Wait for few minutes, then scrub with a stiff brush. 
Disinfectant: Instead of bleach, make your own disinfectant by mixing 2 cups of water, 3 tablespoons of liquid soap and 20 to 30 drops of tea tree oil. It's easy!

Hope it might help you. Give it  a try!

BNC1100
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Well I have been using ALOT of baking soda and vinegar to clean the house. We dont have money to spend on cleaning supplies so really the only things that I do buy are laundry soap at family dollar (xtra) here it is $8.00 and I can do 120 or so loads with it. I used to hate dawn dish soap but honestly I love it now it is great for everything I get the big bottles of the ultra any scent would be fine I hate original scent myself but my husband had bought a blue kid that smelled so good one time (now I cant get him to get it again) and that is about it.

I had just found this recipe for a soft scrub which is baking soda , salt and I use dish soap mix it all together and apply , leave it sit then scour off. It works great. I used it in the shower/ tub and counters, stove, and etc. it takes the grime right off. You can use vinegar to clean any glass, and the list goes on of what you can do with just those two items alone. If you google homeade laundry soap you will get some recipes (I have never tried this because I am cheap and wont buy some of the ingredients) Also google"cleaning with vinager" as well as "cleaning with baking soda" you would be amazed what you can clean with just those 2 things alone. Hope this helps

his4blessings
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:21 PM

I use a white vinager mix to clean glass, counters, cabinets, sicks, bath tubs and toilets.  You can even use it for mopping.  It kills germs and kills unwanted smells and does not leave streaks on windows.  Just get a spray bottle and do 1/4 white vinager and the rest water.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN