Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Organization Journals and Homemade cleaning solutions guide!

Posted by   + Show Post

Many of us are looking for some great homemade solutions for our cleaning supplies- it can save us money and it can even be better for the enviroment!  If you are looking for some homemade solutions, make sure to check out these posts for some information.  If you have some homemade solutions, feel free to share them here!

washing dishes

If you are looking for some great tips on how to keep a home organization journal, be sure to check out these posts:

juggling

by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 12:04 PM
Replies (11-20):
itsallabtthem84
by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 3:20 PM

This is an awesome list. Thank you.

bettyboop55148
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 10:45 AM

my carpet got wet now i have this horrible moldy smell in it please tell me something to use to get this smell out of my carpet.  does baking soda help ?

gacgbaker
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting bettyboop55148:

my carpet got wet now i have this horrible moldy smell in it please tell me something to use to get this smell out of my carpet.  does baking soda help ?

Vinegar should help- I know it helps clothing when it gets moldy.  Hope you can get the smell out!

bettyboop55148
by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 10:38 AM

ok im going to try it  and i hope the smell goes away too!!!

AzariahsMother
by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Didn't think people really liked homemade products. Glad to see so many people interested.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bettyboop55148
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 5:27 AM

i love homemade everything homemade is better to me 

babynurse454
by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 10:44 AM
I really need a good tile cleaner, i've posted pictures of one of our bathrooms, we have a lot of tile, and I hate soap scum. HELP PLEASE.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gacgbaker
by on Jan. 23, 2012 at 5:16 AM

Quoting babynurse454:

I really need a good tile cleaner, i've posted pictures of one of our bathrooms, we have a lot of tile, and I hate soap scum. HELP PLEASE.

I'd try a mix of baking soda and viniger- use a scrub brush too!

AudlyLuvly
by on Jan. 24, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Quoting babynurse454:

12 ounces white vinegar 
12 ounces liquid, blue dawn detergent

Directions: 1 Heat vinegar in microwave until hot and pour into squirt bottle.

2 Add the Dawn soap. Put the lid on and gently shake to incorporate.

3 You now have a powerful cleaning product that will melt soap scum and tub and shower buildup, clean sinks, appliances and just about anything. Just spray it on, scrub, rinse and be amazed. For tough soap scum build-up, spray the mixture on and allow it to sit as long as overnight. Then, scrub and rinse.

KaiserMom07
by on Jan. 24, 2012 at 7:42 PM

AWESOME!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)