Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Organization Journals and Homemade cleaning solutions guide!

Posted by   + Show Post

Many of us are looking for some great homemade solutions for our cleaning supplies- it can save us money and it can even be better for the enviroment!  If you are looking for some homemade solutions, make sure to check out these posts for some information.  If you have some homemade solutions, feel free to share them here!

washing dishes

If you are looking for some great tips on how to keep a home organization journal, be sure to check out these posts:

juggling

by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 12:04 PM
Replies (41-50):
chelsieb84
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Glad you posted this link. I'll have to check out the info this afternoon. I have read that making your own cleaners is way cheaper and a lot safer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3rd2bedue
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:29 PM

THANK YOU FOR THIS POST!

drowning in laundryhugs

kristina0121
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Thanks.. I want to start a binder, but need to keep motivated to use it!

jacimaeb
by on May. 24, 2012 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting AudlyLuvly:

Quoting babynurse454:

I really need a good tile cleaner, i've posted pictures of one of our bathrooms, we have a lot of tile, and I hate soap scum. HELP PLEASE.

12 ounces white vinegarĀ 
12 ounces liquid, blue dawn detergent

Directions: 1 Heat vinegar in microwave until hot and pour into squirt bottle.

2 Add the Dawn soap. Put the lid on and gently shake to incorporate.

3 You now have a powerful cleaning product that will melt soap scum and tub and shower buildup, clean sinks, appliances and just about anything. Just spray it on, scrub, rinse and be amazed. For tough soap scum build-up, spray the mixture on and allow it to sit as long as overnight. Then, scrub and rinse.

I was skeptical because I have tried so many homemade recipes for soap scum but this really does work....amazingly well. Within 5 minutes the soap scum came off with ease. I only tried this because I had dawn and vinegar on hand. After trying this I will make sure I always have dawn and vinegar. BTW This recipe will last a very long time, It doesn't take much of it in a spray bottle.

johnny4ever
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 8:49 AM

great ideas

2girlsYES
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:39 AM
Awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2girlsYES
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:40 AM
Thats awesome!

Quoting jacimaeb:

Quoting AudlyLuvly:

Quoting babynurse454:

I really need a good tile cleaner, i've posted pictures of one of our bathrooms, we have a lot of tile, and I hate soap scum. HELP PLEASE.

12 ounces white vinegarĀ 
12 ounces liquid, blue dawn detergent

Directions: 1 Heat vinegar in microwave until hot and pour into squirt bottle.

2 Add the Dawn soap. Put the lid on and gently shake to incorporate.

3 You now have a powerful cleaning product that will melt soap scum and tub and shower buildup, clean sinks, appliances and just about anything. Just spray it on, scrub, rinse and be amazed. For tough soap scum build-up, spray the mixture on and allow it to sit as long as overnight. Then, scrub and rinse.

I was skeptical because I have tried so many homemade recipes for soap scum but this really does work....amazingly well. Within 5 minutes the soap scum came off with ease. I only tried this because I had dawn and vinegar on hand. After trying this I will make sure I always have dawn and vinegar. BTW This recipe will last a very long time, It doesn't take much of it in a spray bottle.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myloves4myboys
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:16 AM

These are not homemade but VERY good products, check them out!!   www.caroltripp.norwex.biz

duchessofdirt
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Never thought of making a binder. Good idea and thanks for the post!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)