Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

When do  you take your tree down?? How do you store your tree after its down???

by on Dec. 26, 2011 at 11:12 AM
Replies (21-30):
johnny4ever
by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 6:52 AM

In Garage in tree bag

Moms_Angels1960
by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 7:12 AM

New Years weekend and I have a large plastic tote for it & it goes into the basement into what I am calling my storage area. I like to have everything before I go back to work.

pinkanfgrl
by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 7:17 AM
i take ours down when the kids go back to school
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MoonShadow3
by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 8:12 AM

eh when we want too lol. its a small three foot tree on top of a 4 1/2ft black cabinet so our toddlers cant get to it :P I've always been reluctant to take the tree down bc it makes me sad lol. I guess after new  years, that seems to be a good time.

nickygsmommy
by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 11:19 AM
I want to take the ornaments down today and leave the tree up until new years. It's prelit so it will still be pretty but not christmas-y. We store it in our garage loft. We had a tree bag but it was soooo heavy and awkward to get up there. Then the zipper broke and I gave up on it. Now we storr the 3parts separately in large black trash bags. I can get them up and down on my own.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crzymmy5
by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

IDK ~ we leave it up til we're sick of it. At least until the second week of January.

SOME of my generic (simple red silver gold) type of ornaments or boxes, wreaths, etc I leave up until Valentines Day .... but not the specifically "Christmas" decs. 

Roz4818
by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 1:23 PM
For religious tradition the tree comes down after Ephiany (sp) balls go on boxes tree in basement (it's a fake)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lefthandedgal
by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 2:59 PM

Around the Middle of Jan but Im kind of feeling blue and am sick right now, so I want it all put out of sight right now. Our closet is my Mini School supply, household supply closet and also has our clothes, and all our Photo Albums and all of our Christmas decorations( all of them) and the Big tree. OH and our extra deals we got on the body washes, shampoos, etc go into our small walk in closet.LOL.

jen252007
by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 3:01 PM
The day after xmas,then put back in the box it came in and up to the attic
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lefthandedgal
by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 3:02 PM

I am Baptist, very Independent, and I take it down whenever I feel like it.LOL. I do not conform to any religions ways of doing it. IM happy with GOD and he is happy with me since I follow his Commandments.  If we did a real tree, our cat would make a  huge mess, He has repeatedly tried to climb it. Sigh.LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)