• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you store....

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:36 AM
  • 10 Replies
a mink coat? When my grandmother passed, I was given my great grandmother's mink coat. It is beautiful, although not my style :). Anyway I just have it in my closet and I was purging through stuff last night and my closet is dusty!! Next on my to do list ;). I don't mind keeping it in there, I just want to protect it instead of it just hanging their uncovered. Or do I? I should also add mold can be a problem in my house too. Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2wyatt212
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:40 AM

I would say if your not going to wear it take it to a dry cleaner that does wedding gown preservation and have them clean and package it the same way. Just a thought.

CafeMom Tickers
dairymama
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:42 AM
Oh yeah good idea!!

Quoting mama2wyatt212:

I would say if your not going to wear it take it to a dry cleaner that does wedding gown preservation and have them clean and package it the same way. Just a thought.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
woliung8153
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:32 AM

I have no idea because I don't have one. Hopefully someone can give you some tips.

johnny4ever
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:10 AM

bump

epilepsymom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Like the idea of the dry cleaner.. If you dont want to go through that expense I would get a garmet bag and hang it in that zipped up in closet.. 

AzariahsMother
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:06 AM

I don't have one...lol!

You could always try how they do wedding dresses.

pegleg63
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 4:24 PM

You could drap a unused sheet around it. That way it can breath but still keep the dust of of it.

Bmat
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Definitely don't just store it in your closet. Moth can get to it, and molds. Take it to a professional cleaner and see if they have a mothproofing and storage bag option. See if there is one in your area who will also store the coat- perhaps a furrier would have this service.

wandep
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 5:16 PM

I would do this.

Quoting mama2wyatt212:

toomanypoodles
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 1:32 AM

A dry cleaner will package it properly for storage, as they would a wedding gown. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)