Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Winter Boots/Shoes

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:30 PM
  • 21 Replies

Where do you store yours?Do you have a special mat?Shoe Rack?

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
epilepsymom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Right by the door.. There is a towel and shelf . Shelf has drainage holes in it.. everything goes down to  towel.. They are neat.. I got sick of the "Mom I cant find my shoes." battle. Now they go by the door as soon as you walk in the house.. IF they arent by the door then its not my fault and privelage removed for not following dirctions.

sunshinepraying
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:12 PM
Do u have a pic of this? It sounds cool

Quoting epilepsymom:

Right by the door.. There is a towel and shelf . Shelf has drainage holes in it.. everything goes down to  towel.. They are neat.. I got sick of the "Mom I cant find my shoes." battle. Now they go by the door as soon as you walk in the house.. IF they arent by the door then its not my fault and privelage removed for not following dirctions.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AzariahsMother
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:30 PM
In out front closet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wandep
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:50 PM

We don't have to worry about that. LOL We live in Florida. :)

cupcakegirlz
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Our boots follow these steps:  

In the door -> wipe boots on the rug -> place boots on the cookie cooling rack which is on a cookie sheet.  

The cookie sheet catches water that falls through the cooling rack.  The water evaporates back into the air and contributes to humidifying the house.  I wipe the whole thing down with Lysol wipes about once per week.  After winter, the cookie sheet and cooling rack get a good washing then go into the tote with winter coats, hats, etc.  

HollyHawk333
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this
We have a pot rack in the laundry/mud room. I put an under the bed plastic container under the bottom part. All shoes go on the bottom shelf and water and mud fall into the container that I empty once a week. It works out great for now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:43 PM

I don't have a special mat, but I should. Thank you for reminding me. I need to get something before the weather gets bad.

Caitlin411
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:20 PM
I have a hard plastic mat that I put boots on in the winter. In the summer they go on our shoe caddy. All of this is out in the garage because we have too many shoes for our front closet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bizzeemom2717
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 5:33 AM
We have a shoe shelf and rack in the laundry room (off garage where we usually come in.) Spring time the winter shoes go in an extra closet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bizzeemom2717
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 5:34 AM
That's a really great idea!

Quoting epilepsymom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)