Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clean those dryer vents!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:27 PM
  • 21 Replies

Dryer vent

I clean out the front of my dryer, after I take the screen out, pretty regularly. And I clean off the outside cover at least once a month. And when we look in, it never seems very clogged. Well today, I took the hose off to clean it. 2 plastic cards (credit and a gift card) were in there. Can you imagine if they had manage to turn sideways and block flow? So, it is a weekend- take 5 min and go vacuum it out!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AzariahsMother
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:29 PM
Ouch! I do ot before every load.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epilepsymom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:32 PM

wow.. I know when we lived in the other apartment and I had my own washer and dryer I cleaned the vent out constantly and would get into the piping every couple months to throughly clean it

Bmat
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Thank you for posting! Scary!

Nutmeg101
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:37 PM
I don't mean the front screen- I do that every load, too. Then once a week, I scrub out the slot where the screen goes. This was in the vent hose that leads outside!

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Strega
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Yikes!

That reminds me that I need to clean our Vent.

wedding website

PhotobucketFollow Me on Pinterest

ballerina.2006
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:41 PM
I'll have dh help me with that this week!

I just vacuumed around the machines two days ago. Don't neglect that either! Growing up we got lucky someone was downstairs when the fire started from lint build-up behind/on the machines!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AzariahsMother
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:49 PM
Oh crap!

Quoting Nutmeg101:

I don't mean the front screen- I do that every load, too. Then once a week, I scrub out the slot where the screen goes. This was in the vent hose that leads outside!

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wandep
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I do before every load..front loaders you have too. It beeps at you to warn you. :)

Nutmeg101
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:05 PM
Really? I guess mine has never been clogged enough to beep! Again, I don't mean the lint screen. You have to clean out the whole vent system, inside and out! I *thought* I had been doing a good job, but I guess not! P

Quoting wandep:

I do before every load..front loaders you have too. It beeps at you to warn you. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cdi
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:49 PM
I need to do this. Eek I don't think I have done it since I bought my house in 2009. I do clean out the front every time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)