Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Do you have a household notebook?

Posted by   + Show Post
Replies (91-100):
wennyvw
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:25 AM

This is awesome.  I've been using mine for about 2 years now, been meaning to write a blog on it!  Just haven't gotten around to it yet!  These are great pages, and lots of great ideas as well.  If I didn't have my HMB and my "Moms Scheduler" notebook that I bought, I'd never get ANYTHING accomplished!!!

Pink.Frosting
I really need to go to bed, but I'm too tired to get up and walk back there, lol. Poo.
Yesterday at 3:52 AM
by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:38 PM

How do you use it for day to day chores?  I mean, most of them don't change which is why I have gotten frustrated with HMBs in the past.  How do you keep the day to day use of it fresh and necessary?

Quoting wennyvw:

This is awesome.  I've been using mine for about 2 years now, been meaning to write a blog on it!  Just haven't gotten around to it yet!  These are great pages, and lots of great ideas as well.  If I didn't have my HMB and my "Moms Scheduler" notebook that I bought, I'd never get ANYTHING accomplished!!!

wennyvw
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 3:37 AM
I don't use mine for the day to day chores. I know what those are. I use mine for bills, shopping, lists, finances and budgets, boys schooling info, important numbers, emergency contact info, business info, blog planning, weekly dinner planning, etc. There is more but its in the office. I have a "mommy planner" for my day-to-day planning, meetings, Dr. Appointments, business deadlines, etc. I have that color coded for different "areas" of life. I carry both all the time. My HMB is a big 3-ring binder. Just makes it easier. I don't have a coupon binder anymore. I use a mini coupon folder that I take with me on shopping trips.

Quoting Pink.Frosting:  How do you use it for day to day chores?  I mean, most of them don't change which is why I have gotten frustrated with HMBs in the past.  How do you keep the day to day use of it fresh and necessary?
Quoting wennyvw:

adsacs
by New Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 5:25 AM
OK so I'm kind of new to this whole group thing, but I would like to pick some of your brains. I have a three year old who like to play " after mom picks it up I'm going to throw it on the floor" game and I was wondering how everyone can keep a clean yet lived in home. I think about starting a journal but he thinks its a coloring book so is there a different way to have a journal without actually having one? sorry if this sounds dumb.
snigletmagoo320
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 1:45 AM

I created a Fly Lady inspired version. Her ways are great, but I just don't have the time to do everything, so I made it work for my family.

snigletmagoo320
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 1:50 AM
1 mom liked this

With the toys, we had to really limit the number of toys our daughter had available to her at one time. Too many toys equaled too much of a mess. I sorted them in a few different bins and she can only play with one bin a day. When the day is over, we clean it up and the next morning we pull out another one. She dosen't seem to mind less toys. As for the notebook, maybe only pull it out when he is sleeping? Or can you quickly review it before he wakes up and then do the chores?

Quoting adsacs: OK so I'm kind of new to this whole group thing, but I would like to pick some of your brains. I have a three year old who like to play " after mom picks it up I'm going to throw it on the floor" game and I was wondering how everyone can keep a clean yet lived in home. I think about starting a journal but he thinks its a coloring book so is there a different way to have a journal without actually having one? sorry if this sounds dumb.

nermall1102
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 1:58 AM
Thank you so much for sharing! I have a binder but love new ideas and ways to organize etc.
decor42
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 7:43 AM

I dont.  My notebook is actually an oversized calendar that is on my fridge. Has everything I need right at hand, without being an eyesore. As far as lists, nope.  I figure that by the time one writes down all of the things to be done some of those things could have actually been completed.

Deejae-Dollface
by New Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 10:05 PM

I recently created one and I do use it daily so far even if it's just for my daily docket of what's going on, when my DH has to be at work, to do list, etc. My calander is in it also so I use that quite often as well. Right now I'm looking for more to add to it, espescially references like how to wash pillows, a guide for storing fresh produce, etc.

ja2010
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:16 AM

No but gonna get more organized.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN