• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you....

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:57 AM
  • 10 Replies
get your kids to school on time?! I feel so horrible, it seems like we are always late. I have never been able to get around on time in the mornings. I hit the snooze button several times, even when I go to bed early. I have no idea how to make our mornings easier. Any ideas would be helpful. I know I should just get up, but even when I do and we are running early we end up late. I can get up at 6 and still be late!! Sorry it's so long. I'm just frustrated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tfor2
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:25 AM

give showers and blowdry hair the night before. Set out the clothes the night before, pack lunches the night before and put them in the fridge. Have breakfast planned. So when your alarm goes off al lyou have to do is get up, eat, brush hair and teeth and throw on some clothes. You do not have to spend time looking for anything. You can even have bookbags ready and sitting by the front door. You just have to prepare and get up. If you see you are running early, dont sit down, just get in the car and go. You can sit in the carline at school if you have to but at least they will be on time!

epilepsymom
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Mornings with young children can be a challenge.. Take the challenge out  if the night before.. Before we go to bed we make sure backpack is ready and sitting by the door. Shoes are by the door. Clothes are laid out including under garmets. Breakfast dishes are out.. If your child is willing have them shower at night.

There for in the morning you only have to get up on time, fix hair face, eat, brush teeth grab backpack and coat and out the door.. 

My dd is ADHD so she is easily distracted. I simple prompt her. Ok we got distracted lets try again...

Mornings are stress free in this house now

Bluetick
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:40 PM
Im lucky my dd gets up dressed and makes b-fast watches cartoons and gets on the bus....
I love her growing up

Quoting epilepsymom:

Mornings with young children can be a challenge.. Take the challenge out  if the night before.. Before we go to bed we make sure backpack is ready and sitting by the door. Shoes are by the door. Clothes are laid out including under garmets. Breakfast dishes are out.. If your child is willing have them shower at night.

There for in the morning you only have to get up on time, fix hair face, eat, brush teeth grab backpack and coat and out the door.. 

My dd is ADHD so she is easily distracted. I simple prompt her. Ok we got distracted lets try again...

Mornings are stress free in this house now

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJane
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:42 PM

How many kids and what ages?

ja2010
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:58 PM

My son is still at home. He is only 1

itsallabtthem84
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:29 PM

They wake up an hour before they have to be taken to the bus stop.

momofaonlychild
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Just 1 and she's 5, soon to be 6. I think I will put everything out before and see how that goes.

Quoting MamaJane:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJane
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Yup that's what we do too, but yeah with her being that young I'd also give it some time.  Make a routine and stick to it.  It will get better!

Quoting momofaonlychild:

Just 1 and she's 5, soon to be 6. I think I will put everything out before and see how that goes.

Quoting MamaJane:

toomanypoodles
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:51 PM

We homeschool, but we stick to a schedule.  My girls get themselves up at the same time every morning, (7am) have their showers, get their own breakfast, then do their chores and start in on their schoolwork---while I'm still sleeping! 

They are disciplined, responsible teens.  (Believe it or not.  lol)

la_bella_vita
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:50 PM

My kids are not in school yet.

Bump!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)