Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Speaking of kids (or pets) getting into odd places....

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:25 PM
  • 10 Replies

My son was doing some remodeling in his home and removed the heating vents.  Next thing they noticed was that Stubby, their white Manx cat, decided to explore. It took a long while of tapping on the walls to guide Stubby out of the vents, since Stubby is completely deaf, as white, blue-eyed cats often are. Stubby came out very dirty but is mostly cleaned up now.

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wandep
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:32 PM

LOL My cats get in the garage when the door is open and climb the rafters in the attic space up there.

MamaJane
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Shew!  I'm glad they found him!

My roommate in college had a ferret that got in the heating vent. We found it too but it was a scary few hours.

Bmat
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Glad they got the ferret back.   My son was pretty worried, because they didn't know how to lead the cat back to the opening in the wall. But all turned out well.

Quoting MamaJane:

Shew!  I'm glad they found him!

My roommate in college had a ferret that got in the heating vent. We found it too but it was a scary few hours.

hopealways4019
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:00 PM
We have panels up in ceiling, one had fell down, my climbed in, my son had get her out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:02 PM

I can see this happening. I'm glad he got her out. We have panels in our basement room and I can imagine that the same thing could happen.

Quoting hopealways4019:

We have panels up in ceiling, one had fell down, my climbed in, my son had get her out

ballerina.2006
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:05 PM
My cats somehow get into the cabinets over the fridge.

A couple years ago our boy cat somehow got trapped in a (nasty) foreclosed house for over 1month before we found him and saved him. That by far is the weirdest/worst place.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bluetick
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Im ashamed to admit this one.... me and dd was at home just me and her i went to do laundry and she was playing in the den she was 11 months old at the time... i come back from laundry and she was GONE! i mean no sounds she was no where to be found! I freaked completly out turning the house inside out!! I even looked out the windows thinking maybe she went outside (it was winter and we had snow) i looked everywhere... 10 mins go by! Im teally freaking out..... i hear a giggle.....she was sitting inside a kitchen cabinet in the dark with a bowl on her head! Lol when i opened the cabinet door she was like...hey whatcha been doin lol she never done it again strange but my blood pressure hit a lifetime record high that day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopealways4019
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:22 PM
Yes, thanks

Quoting Bmat:

I can see this happening. I'm glad he got her out. We have panels in our basement room and I can imagine that the same thing could happen.

Quoting hopealways4019:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
connorsmommy120
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Lol...my daughter has done this. I cried at the time but, now I laugh about it!

Quoting Bluetick:

Im ashamed to admit this one.... me and dd was at home just me and her i went to do laundry and she was playing in the den she was 11 months old at the time... i come back from laundry and she was GONE! i mean no sounds she was no where to be found! I freaked completly out turning the house inside out!! I even looked out the windows thinking maybe she went outside (it was winter and we had snow) i looked everywhere... 10 mins go by! Im teally freaking out..... i hear a giggle.....she was sitting inside a kitchen cabinet in the dark with a bowl on her head! Lol when i opened the cabinet door she was like...hey whatcha been doin lol she never done it again strange but my blood pressure hit a lifetime record high that day

la_bella_vita
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:57 PM

lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)