Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kinda scared to post this, but... (warning: adorable, but nakedish toddler inside)

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:29 PM
  • 58 Replies

You all don't know me as well as my other group does, so let me provide a brief background first.

I grew up in a messy house.  My house is also messy, seems like it always is.  Every time I give a sincere effort to keep it livable, my kids give their best to destroy it and I'm always beat.  Always.  A lot of it has to do with the fact that I simply lack motivation to even try most days.  I'm even on antidepressants because I am always feeling beaten down, like nothing I do matters.  Sad, but true.  So I am putting in one last HUGE effort.  It will involve LOTS of tossing, and if it doesn't work... I WILL toss everything.  I will keep food and a few outfits apiece, maybe a couple toys and books and the rest will be gone.

So a friend has been threatening me with violence if I don't motivating me to really get going this past week and I thought I would share some progress.

I won't be showing before pics.  Safe to say, they are disasterous.

Half way pics it is.  And by half way, I really mean almost done :\

Room 1:

Room #2 (to be finished)

Room #3

Room 3b

Room #3 1/2 :p  I didn't bother taking a half way shot cause it's only half a room to begin with.  Yes, I know it's bad.  You should have seen the other rooms *sigh*  Most of this mess was made this same day that I cleaned it :(

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
miikaanimommy
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:31 PM
Beautiful!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJane
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Awesome job!  Be really, really proud of what you've accomplished. And that severely cute toddler.

Tfor2
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 7:38 AM

I think we all go through a serious down period in our life at some time or another. I know mine was right after my last DS was corn. I had severe post partum and blamed my past. Finally I figured out I have to live for what makes me happy and do what makes me proud. I also realized that i wantmy kids to be proud of me one day and happy to have friends over and that it was time I break the cycle. What you are doing is hard but so worth it. It will give you a sense of self worth. Keep trying. DOnt give up. You are doing great!

johnny4ever
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 8:20 AM

GReat Job!

Bluetick
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 8:28 AM
I love the sweet toddler lol dont think of a unoraganized house beating you...think about it as a new chapter in your life where you get to teach the kids ( in a fun way) to help... my kids would help in a hot second! As we clean wr each say a sentence to build a fairy tale or play guess the animal im thinkin or something* good luck momma*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LFosterfarm
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 8:29 AM

looks like you did a good there!  be proud of yourself!

oceandancer
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 8:35 AM
Great job
connorsmommy120
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Great job!!!!

connorsmommy120
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Yes, be really proud! You did a great job!

Quoting MamaJane:

Awesome job!  Be really, really proud of what you've accomplished. And that severely cute toddler.

connorsmommy120
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Does your baby have red hair????? I love little red heads! I have two of them! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)