Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

is there a GUN in your house??

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2012 at 8:01 PM
  • 68 Replies
I will probley loose friends over this one but.... do you keep a gun in the house? If so is it loaded? Do you know how to operate it? Pistol or rifle?

If you are anti gun please say why.... thanks me and dh are in a debate over this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ballerina.2006
by Member on Feb. 18, 2012 at 8:03 PM
We have a rifle. It is NOT loaded. Ammo is in a completely different area of the house. I have no idea how to shoot it as dh has not had the time to take me to the range yet.

We also have a pellet gun that I CAN shoot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bluetick
by on Feb. 18, 2012 at 8:07 PM
So im guessing this gun is for.... hunting right?

Quoting ballerina.2006:

We have a rifle. It is NOT loaded. Ammo is in a completely different area of the house. I have no idea how to shoot it as dh has not had the time to take me to the range yet.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bluetick
by on Feb. 18, 2012 at 8:09 PM
**** EDIT******

PLEASE specify if the weapon is for hunting, the gun range (targets) or personal protection.

Thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AstuteMama
by on Feb. 18, 2012 at 8:13 PM

I don't own a gun. I'm not anti gun I believe that a person has the right to own a gun and have the right to protect their home.

Wyndi
by on Feb. 18, 2012 at 8:20 PM
2 moms liked this

I have 3 and I keep only one loaded.  we live in a small town, its not unheard of to have deer roam our streets nor for dogs to attack people. If I have to I will shoot and kill a vicious dog, rabid animal or someone breaking into my house. I don't play~ keep your dog in your yard, and don't try to break into my home. my youngest is deathly allergic to dogs. My neighbor is going to be getting a visit from the dog warden as a 2nd warning, keep your dogs in your yard and not let them roam and attack my family. I about ran over their dogs Thursday when they charged at my son........ I wish I had...... 2 less vicious dogs in the neighborhood.

I have a 20 guage, air rifle and a CO2 powered pellet gun (does the damage of a .22) I keep my pellet gun loaded.

I'm ex army, DH is ex Navy. both my teens know how to tear them down, clean and put back together. Yeah I can use them, have used them, shot someone, held a guy in my bedroom window as I was on the phone with 911 and waiting on the police.

I want to get a permit to carry concealed since I have a guy at college who is off his meds (guy's bi polar) and has started stalking me and another lady. If it were just me, I could handle him but my 19 yr old DD takes classes with me so I want to be prepared if I have to defend both our lives. KWIM???

ballerina.2006
by Member on Feb. 18, 2012 at 9:35 PM

The rifle is for hunting purpose in general, yes. We have it as a protective thing as well as moose are constantly in the yard and trying to hurt the dogs.. So it is for hunting and protection.

Quoting Bluetick:

Quoting ballerina.2006:

shesliketx
by on Feb. 18, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Not in our current residence. We are military and we live in northern new York. Gun laws here are strict so we left them in TX. We transfer to fort hood in a few months, so we will have a

12 gauge
An m4
A .45
And a .40

A handgun will be loaded but locked away so babies/children cannot get to it. Everything else locked in a fireproof safe in my closet that has an additional lock. Unloaded.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lvmy3lilones
by on Feb. 18, 2012 at 9:41 PM

we do have a gun in the house..it's a pistol..it IS loaded..and it stays in the cabinet above my fridge..no i don't know how to use it ..nor do i want to..my husband has it there for our protection if someone breaks into our home

lvmy3lilones
by on Feb. 18, 2012 at 9:42 PM

moose?? that is so cool...well probably not for yall since you said they hurt your dogs..where are you from? if you don't mind me asking...i have never even SEEN a moose except for on tv lol..

Quoting ballerina.2006:

The rifle is for hunting purpose in general, yes. We have it as a protective thing as well as moose are constantly in the yard and trying to hurt the dogs.. So it is for hunting and protection.

Quoting Bluetick:

Quoting ballerina.2006:

ballerina.2006
by Member on Feb. 18, 2012 at 9:55 PM

I live in Alaska. In 4 years we've had 3 moose attacks. The recent one was about 4 weeks ago. Luckily both the dogs have survived (1 attacked 2 times, the other 1) the recent attack left the dog with a minor broken foot and a LOT of bruising. 

These things seriously are HUGE... think of a horse but bigger! The racks on the males can get as wide as a car! It's pretty intense lol

Quoting lvmy3lilones:

moose?? that is so cool...well probably not for yall since you said they hurt your dogs..where are you from? if you don't mind me asking...i have never even SEEN a moose except for on tv lol..

Quoting ballerina.2006:

Quoting Bluetick:

Quoting ballerina.2006:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)