Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

is there a GUN in your house??

Posted by   + Show Post
I will probley loose friends over this one but.... do you keep a gun in the house? If so is it loaded? Do you know how to operate it? Pistol or rifle?

If you are anti gun please say why.... thanks me and dh are in a debate over this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Replies (11-20):
Bluetick
by on Feb. 18, 2012 at 11:35 PM
I love Alaska!! Thats my dream vacation!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
k2cangel
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 12:23 AM
We do have a gun in the house, it's my husbands, I don't how to use it yet! He's given me a fast course in cause I'm home alone with kids and I need to shoot! It's not loaded but it stays in a locked lock box with a loaded clip right next to it! I'm getting ready to get my license to carry, my husband use to be a armed security gaurd, deputy sheriff, & is now an armed Private Investigator!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
k2cangel
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 12:24 AM
We do have a gun in the house, it's my husbands, I don't how to use it yet! He's given me a fast course in cause I'm home alone with kids and I need to shoot! It's not loaded but it stays in a locked lock box with a loaded clip right next to it! I'm getting ready to get my license to carry, my husband use to be a armed security gaurd, deputy sheriff, & is now an armed Private Investigator!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeaceandLove2U
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 3:39 AM

Yes, it belonged to my daughter's father and he passed away last Sept. I don't know how to use it but I guess it would still scare the bejesus out of an intruder. :)

It isn't loaded either.

johnny4ever
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 7:31 AM

Hubby has a bb gun and a rifle...Bullets locked up and guns in upstairs closet.

hopealways4019
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 9:28 AM
We don't own a gun,but it's good for protection. But you have to be a responsible owner,keep locked away in house, away from kids!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJane
by Jane on Feb. 19, 2012 at 9:29 AM

We have a rugger, unloaded right now with the ammo separate.  Ultimately an unloaded weapon is no different then having a baseball bat next to you bed. If you want it for protection, an unloaded weapon is useless.  So our goal is to buy a really good safe that only Tom or I can open in a second and the gun will be in there, loaded. We also want to get a riffle, but that will be unloaded with the ammo separate.

Yes we can both shoot it.  I need to get to the range more.  Tom has more of an opportunity then I have. I shot a friend's riffle once and dang that was awesome.  I don't like the kick my rugger has. 

MamaJane
by Jane on Feb. 19, 2012 at 9:36 AM

We have it for personal protection and range practice.

Moms_Angels1960
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Yep, doesn't work I do know how to shoot though. It is just a hand gun no bullets anywhere even for it.

I am not anti gun and I would have no reservations about shooting something or someone if I needed to.

teachermama924
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 9:49 AM
Yes, we have several. One handgun, the rest are rifles. I have never shot a handgun but I've been shooting since I was five. We used to keep one loaded when we lived in a bad neighborhood. Before we started ttc our dd, we moved to a MUCH safer area. Now the guns are not loaded and the guns and ammo is locked in a gun cabinet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN