Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

DVD's

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 9:29 AM
  • 33 Replies

How do you organize them?

by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tfor2
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 9:31 AM

we put them in the cabinet alphabetically. Then we have a master list on the computer that gets printed and hung inside the cabinet door. When someone wants to borrow one my DH writes next to it who has it. He updates the list monthly and makes sure all have been returned. Do you think this is a bit ummmmmm Anal??

connorsmommy120
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 9:34 AM

We seriously have so many DVD's it isn't funny. We have a built in bookshelf in our living room and 6 of those shelves are for DVD's, and that isn't all of them. Ugh. We have totes under our bed full too. Erik is addicted to buying them! LOL. Anyway, we have them sorted like this...Two shelves are movies that Erik and I like. One shelve is just Disney movies, and then the rest are movies for the kids. I use to have them organized more but, with Connor taking them down and watching them, and putting them back it just didn't stay organized.

connorsmommy120
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Nope, we have  huge list too. The reason being because when Erik lived with his parents before I met him, someone broke into their house and stole all of his DVD's which he had like hundreds of. So now he wants a list. We also write down the movie if someone borrows it. Which is all the time. People call us their ''local movie rental place''...lol

Quoting Tfor2:

we put them in the cabinet alphabetically. Then we have a master list on the computer that gets printed and hung inside the cabinet door. When someone wants to borrow one my DH writes next to it who has it. He updates the list monthly and makes sure all have been returned. Do you think this is a bit ummmmmm Anal??

Tfor2
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Quoting connorsmommy120:

Nope, we have  huge list too. The reason being because when Erik lived with his parents before I met him, someone broke into their house and stole all of his DVD's which he had like hundreds of. So now he wants a list. We also write down the movie if someone borrows it. Which is all the time. People call us their ''local movie rental place''...lol

Quoting Tfor2:

you sound like us, we have tooooooooons! And we are the movie rental for the neighborhood lol

epilepsymom
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I have all our dvd's in a binder.. Takes up SOOOO much less space..

I have them organized alphabetically in there

johnny4ever
Today at 9:27 AM
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 10:09 AM

cabinet alphabetically

gmadiane
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 11:09 AM

they are in the cabinet

itsallabtthem84
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Just on a shelf my husband made.

FabDarling
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 6:44 PM

we finally bit the bullet and get rid of all the cases and put the DVD's alphabetically into soft leather books.  saves a TON of space.

brookenme
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Quoting epilepsymom:

I have all our dvd's in a binder.. Takes up SOOOO much less space..

I have them organized alphabetically in there

yep me too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN