Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Would you make an offer on Oprah's pad if you could afford it?

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 4:52 AM
  • 12 Replies

Want to Live Like Oprah? You'd Better Have $7.9 Million

Posted by Mary Fischer on February 29, 2012 

oprahMan, oh man. How incredible would it be to trade places with Oprah Winfrey for even one day? Don't even bother telling me that the thought hasn't crossed your mind on more than one occasion, because I simply won't believe you. Who wouldn't want to be one of the richest and most powerful women in the world?

Well, you may not be able to actually swap spots with Oprah, but for the bargain basement price of $7.9 million, you can buy her swanky lifestyle. Or at least a "small" piece of it. Winfrey has just put her luxurious Manhattan penthouse on the market. You know -- the one that people initially thought she bought for best friend Gayle King?

With a whopping 2,350 square feet, this place is definitely massive by New York standards. And while the price tag of almost $8 million only boasts three bedrooms, it does come complete with a jetted tub and three walk-in closets in the master suite, a super-gourmet kitchen, and a huge terrace to use to entertain friends on warm evenings.

My guess is that this oasis in the Big Apple won't be on the market for too terribly long. Aside from being one of Manhattan's poshest pads, it will also be an incredibly appealing purchase to anyone who wants to be able to sleep in Oprah's old bedroom -- or hang their clothes in one of the three closest where she once stored her trendy duds.

This apartment is so nice that it's kind of baffling that Oprah wouldn't want to keep it for herself for times when she's visiting the city. Of course, with a bank account as hefty as hers, staying in the various Presidential suites at New York's most high-end hotels is probably a pretty appealing option too. At least hotels offer turn-down service and leave chocolates on the pillow -- plus there's the whole fresh sheets and towels every night thing. Who doesn't love that?

Would you make an offer on Oprah's pad if you could afford it?

by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 4:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 6:30 AM

pass

connorsmommy120
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 9:21 AM

No

epilepsymom
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 9:22 AM

PASS

gmadiane
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 10:26 AM

no thanks

wandep
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 11:51 AM

No, don't even watch her.

la_bella_vita
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Pass

2cadifference
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I despise her, and the apt is obviously was smaller than I have...BUT that view is AMAZING only thing better would be ocean. I would live there in a heartbeat...the kitchen is a little blah BUT if I lived in Manhattan I think my lifestyle would be a little less cluttered. 

Bmat
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 5:41 PM

I would, if it were a reasonable price.

MeganGallagher
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 7:01 PM

wow!!!

no, probably not.. i would build my own if i had the money

victoriaherring
by Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 7:03 PM
Heck yeah. I checked out the pics and it's amazing. And I love Oprah.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)