Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Speaking of selling cars...

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:21 PM
  • 16 Replies

How do you dispose of your cars?  Have you ever sold one by setting it out on the lawn with a for sale sign? Have you ever bought one this way?

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:27 PM

I have bought one this way...and sold our last 2 this way

malexander2009
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:33 PM

I guess you could say that we did. My DH's work car was given to a mechanic to be sold where every one could see it. It's a 1992 Plymouth Acclaim, runs great. Our van we knew about before that could potenially happen to it. A 1996 Plymouth Grand Voyager, that also runs great. So in two weeks we spent $1,450 on two great running vehicles, not the best looking, and a couple problems with a door each. 

Bmat
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:34 PM

I often see people looking at cars being sold this way.

Quoting johnny4ever:

I have bought one this way...and sold our last 2 this way

sweetmissy_05
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:34 PM

No we just sell it.

Bmat
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Impressive!  It sounds as though you got good deals.

Quoting malexander2009:

I guess you could say that we did. My DH's work car was given to a mechanic to be sold where every one could see it. It's a 1992 Plymouth Acclaim, runs great. Our van we knew about before that could potenially happen to it. A 1996 Plymouth Grand Voyager, that also runs great. So in two weeks we spent $1,450 on two great running vehicles, not the best looking, and a couple problems with a door each. 

Bmat
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:36 PM

That's what we usually do, but there was one car that my husband drove until it just wasn't that good, and he paid a guy $50 to take it.

Quoting sweetmissy_05:

No we just sell it.

itsallabtthem84
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:04 PM
I have only owned one vehicle and I still use it, so mo selling as of yet. Since it is said for I probably won't sell it if I get another until that one is paid for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2cadifference
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:45 PM

I usually trade it in or dh has people at work that always seem to want first dibs.

sunshinepraying
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:49 PM
No. Sold one to my mom's friend. Dh and I took his truck to Carmax. A different car we exchanged at the car place for a new one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epilepsymom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:59 PM

the last car we just had towed to a local garage. The owner bought it for parts.. It wasnt running, and would cost far more than its worth to fix

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)