Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spring Cleaning Challenge Day 1: Get Your Goals Down

Posted by   + Show Post

Thanks for signing up for our Spring Cleaning Challenge! We hope you're psyched to make your home sparkle!

First thing's first: What are your goals? Do you want to purge the things you don't need? Organize your closets? Set up a system where everything has its place? Tell us in the replies below!

Then while you're feeling inspired, create a collage of your dream space with photos from magazines or websites -- or check out CafeMom's Pinterest page for inspiration and motivation!

And be sure to read up on Amanda's goals here!

sweepingTo sign up for the Spring Cleaning Challenge, click here.

by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Replies (411-420):
armywifey19
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 10:28 AM
I want to get everything picked up. Scrub down the whole house, get my carpets cleaned, also get some organization going in here. Then I would like to be able to keep up on everything. I just have to get myself motivated.
1busymomma03
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Hmmm, this is tricky. I'm not really sure what my goals are. LOL. I like to make sure everything is organized in the best possible way. We just moved into this house last summer and I feel like I have organized and then re-organized the same things over and over in the past few months. I just want a system that will work! LOL

Leeshamak
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 11:17 AM

My goals are:

to sell some of the things in my house that are new or like new condition on ebay to free up some space.

to shampoo the carpets

to figure out a way to keep up with the kids papers that come in everyday... other than my current system, which semi works but needs a tiny bit of tweaking....

To keep the house picked up so that a house guest doesn't create stress and a mad pick up frenzy.

ilovemykids732
by Stephy on Mar. 9, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Everything you said is what I need... and why I do... I am here with you looking for help...

Quoting mallowcup17:

i need to set up a schedule. we just moved and have a much bigger house now and i am just overwhelmed by the space and need to start scheduling so i can get it all done orderly

JasonsMom2007
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 12:19 PM
I need to figure out better ways to organize my living room
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wyndi
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Well my goals were to do a whole house clean. Well those are being scrapped. We had a grease fire last week and now I'm having to do a major clean. I'm starting in the rooms with the least amount of smoke damage and moving to the kitchen as the last room. I'm starting at the ceiling and working my way down.  

ZakkarysMom
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 3:26 PM
My goals are: to find a place for everything, organize all of my papers and receipts, and get rid of anything taking up space and papers I dont need
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
not-the-momma
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 3:30 PM

My goal is SIMPLIFY, SIMPLIFY, SIMPLIFY!!!  I'm all about purging this spring.  Wish me luck!

ddwifeone
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Oh my goodness.  I think my cleaning goals might add up to a novel if I let them...lol.

My biggest thing is that I want to cut out the clutter.  We have a breakfast bar that just seems to attract 'stuff'.  Right now, our dining room table is doing the same thing.  I want to go through and deep clean each room in my house, one by one.

Once I get things decluttered, I want to find a way to get my kids to help me keep it that way.  My 8 year old son seems to thing the living room is an extension of his bedroom.  We have a couch that can seat three or four people, and he generally spreads his stuff out all over it (except for where he sits), and on the floor in front of the couch.

We're going to be moving to a new house in a few months or so, and I want to start going through and identifying items we can sell, donate or toss.  We have lived in this house for two and a half years, and my 14 year old daughter has packed boxes in the garage (and she rolls her eyes at me when I ask her how important the stuff can really be if she's lived without it for two and a half years).

I want to figure out a good way to organize all my various crafting stuff (I crochet, cross stitch, scrapbook, do matting and framing, and some other various crafts).  I have some storage shelves/drawers my husband bought me, but it's not enough for all my stuff.  I don't want to spend a fortune buying more of the same stuff he got me, so I need to figure something else out.

I think I'll leave it at that for now...lol.

makelineerror
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 4:23 PM
Goals? I want to organize, mostly. I hate trying to clean when I'm actually just shifting things from one room to another. Everything just ends up back where it originally was a few weeks later.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)