Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Do YOU suffer from Mommy Brain too?

Posted by   + Show Post

10 Classic Symptoms of Mommy Brain

Posted by Jill Smokler on April 2, 2012

Last week, I spent ten minutes looking for the phone, while actually on the phone. Sadly, this type of thing is far from unique. I swear, I had a brain ... once. Now? I have Mommy Brain. Here are some symptoms my friends suffer, as well. Sound familiar?

1. My mental checklist when leaving the house actually has 'pants' on it. Pants? Check.

2. I didn't notice I had two different shoes on until the end of the day when one of my kids pointed it out to me.

3. I walk into the kitchen, open all the cabinets, and have no idea why I'm there.

4. I write myself a note so when I get to the car I remember where I am heading.

5.  Today, I was sitting at my desk, and thought oh, I need to take my medicine. Turned, opened the desk drawer, stared at my purse, and went, "What did I open this for?"

6. After a long hard day and getting some me time finally ... I sat down to watch TV. .. tried to use my phone as the remote ... thought the battery was dead and kept hitting it.

7. Lately I'd send a TEXT MESSAGE and then hold the phone up to my ear to hear the response.

8. Spent 10 minutes trying to figure out why my crockpot wouldn't turn on only to realize I never plugged it in.

9. I lose my car pretty regularly ... no, not the keys ... the actual whole big SUV. I can never remember where we parked because I was chasing a toddler or something. Once spend close to an hour wandering the wrong parking garage.

10. Panicked in a parking lot as I stared at the empty back seat of my car. Somebody stole my sons carseat!! Who does that!??? Oh wait ... that wasn't my car.

Do YOU suffer from Mommy Brain too?

by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Replies (11-20):
johnny4ever
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 4:10 PM

yeppers!

wandep
by Pam on Apr. 2, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Yes

la_bella_vita
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Yes, I do

lovemymarine18
by Sarah on Apr. 3, 2012 at 11:10 AM

I've done thr crock pot thing! LOL After like 5 hours I was thinking "I usually can smell the food by now" but didn't check until it was time to eat...gross. lol.

LDavis33
by Member on Apr. 3, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I've forgotten to put a diaper on my two year old before putting his pants on... the results were not pleasant.  

Before I had my son I had a little Suzuki, I didn't need to put the key in the ignition to start it, the key fob just had to be within a certain distance.  So the other day I spent 10 minutes trying to start my minivan without putting the key in the ignition.  Was almost ready to call a tow truck :)

If I go anywhere without my son, I suffer from minor panic attacks every time I look in the rearview mirror and see that he isn't in his carseat.  It usually takes me a few seconds to realize that he isn't supposed to be there.

There are probably more examples, but I've forgotten :)

Bluetick
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 11:59 AM
Lol i told dh about this he said your really not crazy its just moms are nuts! The kids are drivin ya.ll crazy lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bluetick
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Ive done that a few times myself

Quoting lovemymarine18:

I've done thr crock pot thing! LOL After like 5 hours I was thinking "I usually can smell the food by now" but didn't check until it was time to eat...gross. lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bluetick
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Amen to that! We have a dd and ds thats only 10 months apart..... i feel your pain

Quoting TwoOnTheWay:

Lol! It's even worse with twins! And yes, pants is on my mental list too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lynettemommie4
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 12:55 PM

yes of course.

cmissamy
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Me too, or going to the store without your child and hear one call mommie and you look to see where your child is and then remember your alone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)