Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

OT- are garage sales annoying to neighbors?

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 7:18 PM
  • 31 Replies
We've just moved to a neighborhood and with the move comes lots of things I now want to get rid of. I'd donate but we actually really could use the money for things like a lawn mower and yard equipment. Donating is great but when you need cash you should sell something right?
I've looked up my city's code for garage sales and there is no law that says I can't have one and I don't need a permit. I can have one any time I want according to the city.

Anyway - I have yet to meet all of the neighbors and I'm wondering, does it annoy you when your neighbor has a garage sale? Should I tell my neighbors my plan in case they have plans of a family gathering and would prefer me not to have one. I dont want to make enemies right off the bat but I sure do want to have a garage sale. What do you think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovecandy
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 7:29 PM
2 moms liked this

IF I lived in a neighborhood where i actually cared about the people around me I would polietly let them know. Just incase parking becomes an issue or to give them a head up in general. Also helps in case they are having a family gathering as well.

MeganGallagher
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 9:39 PM
No I love them
johnny4ever
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Introduce yourself to your neighbors beside you and let them know about your garage sale.Usually at my fil's his neighbors put up no parking signs.

EvilQueenMommy
by Member on Apr. 6, 2012 at 10:49 PM

I'd introduce myself and let them know of your plans. 

EvilQueenMommy
by Member on Apr. 6, 2012 at 10:49 PM

I live in an apartment and before that did not live close enough to my neighbors to care if they had a garage sale, so I have no idea what people in that situation would think.

ForeverMommy08
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 10:51 PM
2 moms liked this

If you were my neighbor and were having a garage sale I would LOVE you and maybe ask if it was ok to join you or help you out. I LOVE GARAGE/YARD SALES!!!!

smile357
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm the same way. But I would just inform your neihbors nicely. Good way for you to introduce your self also. Nice ice breaker.

Quoting ForeverMommy08:

If you were my neighbor and were having a garage sale I would LOVE you and maybe ask if it was ok to join you or help you out. I LOVE GARAGE/YARD SALES!!!!

momof2ex1
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 1:28 AM
Thank you so much for all the replies. Ok I'll pick a date and then go introduce myself to the ones I haven't met and let them know. Maybe we can have a street sale lol thanks!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
connorsmommy120
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this

It wouldn't annoy me. I love garage sales.

johnny4ever
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Good Luck!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN