Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

ok.. need some more input...

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:04 PM
  • 12 Replies

So, we just recently bought the kiddo his very first bunk bed, and of course besides just the excitement of sleeping way above the ground I think he has chosen the top bunk as his because I don't make him straighten in up in the morning (I know, bad me!), mainly because, well, he's not entirely comfortable moving around up there yet...

What is the simplest way to keep that top bunk made if I were to do it?  I have fibromyalgia, btw, and climbing up and down that little ladder just probably isn't the best idea....

by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
squeekers
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this

get a slightly larger than the mattress size thin blanket, and just lay it over the bed after the child wakes up. that way if you happens to be eye level, it looks pleasent. my best friend is the 7th daughter and her mother went nuts trying to keep all the girls' bed's straight until she learned that trick.

Tryshx
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks, I'll give it a whirl.  It's a short bunk bed (he's only 4) so it is very definitly visible.  Thanks!

LovelyBugs
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 1:11 AM

I have my daughters top bunk made the regular way but her blanket I tucked in all the way around and we went out and bought a huge plush blanket and she sleeps on top of her comforter and uses the plsuh blanket to sleep with...it works out great for never having to make the bed 

Bluetick
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 1:16 AM
Oh wow i have no idea! I dont trust any of our kids cordination enough for bunk beds lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lioness3e
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 9:30 AM
Use one blanket and then fold it each morning and hang it over the side just alittle so you can grap it the next night to cover him up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Moms_Angels1960
Do you ever just get tired of crap? I know I am feeling that way lately.
Yesterday at 6:52 PM
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Make the bed with the comforter and just have a blanket to cover him up with that's how my dd sleeps in her bed.Fold the blanket each morning.

wandep
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 4:47 PM

No clue!

MamaJane
by Jane on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:17 PM

My daughter does hers, but my son just got one and he says he can't do it.  I make him LOL.  I don't have any limitations but I'm still not getting up on that bed.  Most of the time he's sleeping on just his blanket because he doesn't want to make it.  That's fine with me.

BTW he is older...12.

connorsmommy120
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I have no clue.

bensmom177
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Good question.....I'm glad you got some suggestions!  My son has had his bunk bed for a couple years and I hate making it!  My son will just pull up his blanket, but it never looks nice.  I don't have any other advice unfortunately.....not only is it hard to make everyday, but when it's time to change the sheets--ugh!!!  It takes me forever to get those top bunk sheets off and remade again!! LOL.  Good luck!! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)