Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Speaking of letting company help clean up the dishes...

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 10:14 PM
  • 35 Replies

Do you accept help when company offers to help serve or clean up?

by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof2ex1
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 12:48 AM
I guess... I always offer when I'm at someone's house but I prefer to do it on my one. My ex in laws would not help! I cooked I cleaned. They talked. My current in laws can't stop trying to help and won't leave the room until I'm done lol which is very sweet. My sister annoys me. She loves my kitchen because she doesn't have a big kitchen so it seems like she 'plays house ' in my kitchen but she often puts things in the wrong place and that annoys me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
johnny4ever
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 7:11 AM

Depends on the person who volunteered!

MamaJane
by Jane on Apr. 9, 2012 at 7:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I always refuse once.  "It's ok I can get it" and then if they insist then I move over :)

MamaJane
by Jane on Apr. 9, 2012 at 7:18 AM

Quoting momof2ex1:

I guess... I always offer when I'm at someone's house but I prefer to do it on my one. My ex in laws would not help! I cooked I cleaned. They talked. My current in laws can't stop trying to help and won't leave the room until I'm done lol which is very sweet. My sister annoys me. She loves my kitchen because she doesn't have a big kitchen so it seems like she 'plays house ' in my kitchen but she often puts things in the wrong place and that annoys me.

My sister once unloaded my dishwasher while I was sleeping.  I know her intentions were good.  I'm always on constant high speed when I have company so she felt guilty. However, she might as well rearranged all my cupboards LOL.  It was horrible. 

Tfor2
by Tiff on Apr. 9, 2012 at 7:40 AM

depends on the person but normally yes

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 7:44 AM

no.... I'm OCD about cleaning dishes and putting them away.... the only people who are allowed to touch my dishes are me, DF and my kids.... and that is even rarely.... my kids only put them away.... why I have no clue because I'm always going behind them and fixing the cubbards LOL

gmadiane
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 9:17 AM

no

Moms_Angels1960
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 9:46 AM

I would if anyone ever thought to offer. Any of our kids that come home for Holiday's never offer to help with any part of the meal prep or clean up they don't even clean up after their own kids stating that it's their holiday & they shouldn't have to do any clean up. My kids were not raised that way either.

I on the other hand always offer to help do the dishes & pick up any messes we have made. I feel that just because I am somewhere else that it is not someone elses reponsibility to clean up after us also.

Bmat
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 9:58 AM

eek! It's THEIR holiday so they shouldn't have to clean up???  You aren't a restaurant.  I at least carry the food out to the kitchen and scrape plates.  And I'll wash if the host wants the dishes washed.  I agree also about cleaning up after ourselves. When the kids were little if they dropped food on the floor I'd take care of cleaning it up.

Quoting Moms_Angels1960:

I would if anyone ever thought to offer. Any of our kids that come home for Holiday's never offer to help with any part of the meal prep or clean up they don't even clean up after their own kids stating that it's their holiday & they shouldn't have to do any clean up. My kids were not raised that way either.

I on the other hand always offer to help do the dishes & pick up any messes we have made. I feel that just because I am somewhere else that it is not someone elses reponsibility to clean up after us also.

Bmat
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 9:58 AM

LOL!   When I don't know where something goes, I either ask or set it on the countertop for the host to put away.

Quoting MamaJane:

Quoting momof2ex1:

My sister once unloaded my dishwasher while I was sleeping.  I know her intentions were good.  I'm always on constant high speed when I have company so she felt guilty. However, she might as well rearranged all my cupboards LOL.  It was horrible. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)