Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

update in reply. I got my kitchen organized!! Thanks ladies!!

Do any of you like to organize? And willing to help me organize my kitchen!? Or have an organized kitchen and willing to share pics? I thought starting today until this weekend I would deep clean/organize my kitchen. I absolutely love to cook and spend a lot of time in here and it's just not functionable. Between mine and some of my Mil's stuff she has left here I have been having to store some pans/sheets in the oven and I'd like to find space in the cabinets so I don't have to pull them out of the oven each time I cook. Im overwhelmed also with all of the cabinets . I've never had this big of a kitchen. So I would like help in figuring out where to put everything. Please, I'd appreciate it so much! Thanks!!

and below are individual pics of the cabinets/drawers and what they look like now. some are pretty bad ... lol

This is the first two cabinets when you walk into the dining room/kitchen on the very left end. I have my dishes in it. Well and for some reason the fish food. lol

This is embarassing almost. These are the 2 junk drawers underneath the dish cabinets. I have two other btw on the otherside of the kitchen that look like this. lol I hope to have 1 or 2 by the time I am done. And would you keep the junk drawers here or put them somewhere else?

This is the next cabinet and I have some box and can goods in it for now. Until I figure out where to move the food to or just keep it here? I won't have anymore can goods after we use these up ^^ because I have been doing fresh or frozen.

This is my spice cabinet above the stove. Pathetic I know. I thought about keeping it here but going to Wal-Mart in the near future and buying some type of spice shelf or something (any suggestions?) because I can't reach half of them. I'm short. :(

The next two cabinets where um I kind have mixed it with everything. And ignore that toaster. I am getting a new one eventually . It was our first one and I am having a hard time getting rid of it. : ) But anyways I thought I'd maybe just do all appliances up here or would it make more sense to do all mixing bowls/baking dishes?

Next cabinet , above microwave. I thought about just using this for foil,wax paper, plastic wrap, bags, etc. Suggestion?

Next one is for plastic containers/lids. I thought about maybe adding the sippy cups to this also. Suggestions?

Next one is glasses/coffee cups and measuring cups. Oh and sippys. I don't like the measuring cups in this cabinet though I might move them over by the stove somewhere or do you think this is a good place?

On top of the fridge cereal/snacks. I want this moved to the lazy susan in the pic below. I had it there once before and Dh and Blake couldn't find the stuff or didn't put it back. Grr

What would you put in these drawers by the fridge? Right now all four are filled with grocery bags. I am getting rid of a crap load. Its ridiculous! lol

This is the most embarassing part of my kitchen though! These cabinets are so full of Dh's junk and what not that I can't even use it for the broom, trash can , etc. Those cabinets on the bottom I have no idea what to use for. It used to have can goods.

And here is a pic of what my bottom cabinets look like. They all pull out and all have pans and more appliances.

Thanks for having the patience and looking at my pics ladies. I hope that some of you will have some suggestions for me. : )

by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Replies (31-33):
sunshinepraying
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:02 PM
Great job! Looks good! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jdy9440
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:06 PM
Quoting Recreated:

Your update looks great! However I wouldnt store anything in the oven drawer. I had a cooling rack in mine but it slid behind. Well when i went to shut the drawer i didnt know the rack was back there. The rack ended up between the outlet and plug. Sparks went flying, the drawer welded shut from the heat/sparks, it blew every circuit in the house, and im really lucky dd and i werent electrocuted. I will never store anything in the oven drawer again.

Thanks for sharing this, I have lots of pans and lids in mine, should probably get those out.
Bmat
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 7:16 AM

I had no idea this could happen, thank you for telling us about it.

Quoting jdy9440:

Quoting Recreated:

Your update looks great! However I wouldnt store anything in the oven drawer. I had a cooling rack in mine but it slid behind. Well when i went to shut the drawer i didnt know the rack was back there. The rack ended up between the outlet and plug. Sparks went flying, the drawer welded shut from the heat/sparks, it blew every circuit in the house, and im really lucky dd and i werent electrocuted. I will never store anything in the oven drawer again.

Thanks for sharing this, I have lots of pans and lids in mine, should probably get those out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN