Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

After youve cooked dinner...

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:42 AM
  • 16 Replies

Do you ever have the lingering smell in your house for a long period of time? I cooked pork tenderloin and potatoes for my SO when he woke up at 1pm to go to work and i came home from doing stuff around 8 something pm and it still stunk like lunch! I even washed all the dishes and took out the garbage. Any tips?

by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaJane
by Jane on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Some smells linger.  Onions are really bad.  I have a story about that when I have 2 hands.

MamaJane
by Jane on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Ok 2 handed sooner then I thought lol.

One day I was making a big batch have lasagna sauce.  The onions were particularly strong.  I started this at 7 am.  The house was smelling really bad when my daughter left for school and we were joking about it.  She told me later that she was sitting on the bus when some other kids got on and this was their conversation "Why does it smell like McDonalds on the bus?" "No it smells like an omlette with onions"  LMAO  MY pour daughter. So no more am cooking.

Shlamoof
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 12:32 PM

I fell asleep the other night with fishsticks and fish patties in the oven.  They were in for 4 1/2 hours before the man got home from work.  I smelled it for at least a day afterwards.

AzariahsMother
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Sometimes my cooking smells can linger depending on what I am cooking or how I am cooking it. 

chrisnjoesmom
by Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 5:19 PM

When i feel like the dinner left a bad smell, I spray a ton of air freshener, open the windows and put the ceiling fan on.  Or burn a candle.  Like you said, though, after washing everything and taking out the garbage, first.  I find that the pan the food was cooked in is usually the stinkiest thing along with the trash.  I have a sensitive nose and hate that lingering food smell.

ilovecandy
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 5:21 PM

yep some things i cook have that lingering smell. i wind up having to do a little more cleaning or lighting a candle or spraying something to get rid of the smell

wandep
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Oh man I can't stand that! Especially when hubby cooks certain breakfast that he likes and we all leave the house then come back it stinks!

ayla91
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:57 PM

put a dish of white vinegar on the counter top

Tfor2
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 8:12 PM

i normally put some essential oils in the diffuser when i am done cooking!

Momtogirls0823
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 1:10 AM

I know what you mean.  I LOVE bacon and eggs for breakfast but I can't stand the smell afterwards.  I know, it's weird.  I agree, though, some smells do linger.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN