Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Off topic

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:30 PM
  • 13 Replies
Do you ever do community service or charity work?
If so what?
Do you donate to charity? Which one?
Do you involve your kids?

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeganGallagher
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:47 PM
I raise money for the American lung association in honorof my mother. Also volunteer for food share, they supply food for our local foodbanks. I fundraise and donate to local mothers in need and I used to be part do a group called circle of hope, help for others in need.
I also work with our local senior center and my two year old son joins me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJane
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:42 PM

yes

I donate time and money to the Band Boosters.  I also donate time and items to a drive we have to help families on foodstamps get things they can't get with food stamps.  I also have a call in to help mentor a family going through budget counseling.

My kids help me bring the stuff in to church.  I'll get them involved more soon.

AzariahsMother
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:46 PM

I did a lot when I didn't have DD and she was younger.  I also did it when I was in college and not working full time.

toomanypoodles
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:24 AM

I tithe to my church (10% of income) and give to charities. 

What is evolving your kids????

MamaJane
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting toomanypoodles:

She meant involve.  Probably an auto correct thing.

Bluetick
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:32 AM
I involve my oldest dd11 in alot of volunteer work! We are candy strippers at the hospital...we work at the local pregnancy center.... we work in the school library..we donate clothing and she reads to small Hispanic children who are trying to learn English. I also make baby quilts for new borns in our area. It is very important to us...plus its never to early to start working on your kids college application via volunteering
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeganGallagher
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:50 PM
Quoting toomanypoodles:

Lol I meant involve

MeganGallagher
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Quoting MamaJane:

yes

I donate time and money to the Band Boosters.  I also donate time and items to a drive we have to help families on foodstamps get things they can't get with food stamps.  I also have a call in to help mentor a family going through budget counseling.

My kids help me bring the stuff in to church.  I'll get them involved more soon.

You rock! That's wonderful

MeganGallagher
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Quoting Bluetick:

I involve my oldest dd11 in alot of volunteer work! We are candy strippers at the hospital...we work at the local pregnancy center.... we work in the school library..we donate clothing and she reads to small Hispanic children who are trying to learn English. I also make baby quilts for new borns in our area. It is very important to us...plus its never to early to start working on your kids college application via volunteering

You are very right! That's great

MeganGallagher
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Quoting MamaJane:

Lol yup

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)