Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think the all-white killer whale sighting is a sign?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:05 AM
  • 7 Replies

All-White Killer Whale Is a Serious Wake-Up Call from Mother Earth

Posted by Jacqueline Burt on April 23, 2012 

all white killer whaleWHOA. Apparently the incredibly rare all-white killer whale spotted today in the seas off eastern Russia is a really really big deal. And not just because the whale -- named Iceberg -- is the first all-white male orca to be documented, ever.

Oh no, that's just the tip of the ... iceberg (sorry!). The all-white orca's appearance implies some pretty intense stuff. Check this out: Traditionally, just about every culture revered all-white animals as sacred. In India, Buddha's mother dreamed of a white elephant before giving birth. In medieval Europe, white mice were said to embody the spirits of departed children. For some Native Americans, the birth of a white buffalo calf is considered "the most significant of prophetic signs." 

All-white animals have been considered both blessings and warnings; it's been said that "the appearance of these white animals heralds a time of great urgency for the Earth and humanity as a whole."

Or, to put it more bluntly: WAKE-UP CALL!

Especially when you consider -- and this is the freakiest part, to me -- that Iceberg was seen in an area of the ocean being considered for "increased oil and gas exploration."

Text from Mother Earth:

Idk what u guys r thinking but u better stp messing w/me or else. :(

Do you think the all-white killer whale sighting is a sign?

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jadedcynic
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:08 AM

The white whale wasn't such a great sign for Captain Ahab or any of his crew.

mom2cindylouwho
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:20 AM
2 moms liked this
No - I think it's just like any other albino animal ... a genetic "mutation" and nothing more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leeshamak
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:24 AM
Nope. Just a genetic modification. Interesting? Sure! Some type of message from mother Earth? What's next? Are we going to put the whales mother on trial for eating tainted fish while pregnant? It's quite obvious its her fault after all;) lol- Smh...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
johnny4ever
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:03 AM

nope

Shlamoof
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:02 AM

No.  But I love the story of the White Buffalo Calf Woman :D

Bmat
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:44 AM

I doubt it, but I wouldn't rule it out.

MeganGallagher
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:41 AM
No I think it's just a white whale... But cool
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)