Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Laundry detergent!

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:16 PM
  • 52 Replies
1 mom liked this

What is your brand? do you ever change? For years I've only used Tide with Febreze and always wondered about Gain so one day while doing the groceries I said why not! And oh my goodness I am never going back and a plus is that it is cheaper that Tide! Apple Mango Tango detergent with the dryer sheets and Gain's Dreamy Desire fabric softener! I do laundry everyday just to smell them fresh out of the dryer! Lol DH does not mind because before I only did laundry when he did not have any underwear or work clothes.

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Arm & Hammer is my top choice!Tide got to expensive....Gain makes my sons excema flare up

Deshonsmommy
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:53 PM
Quoting johnny4ever:

Arm & Hammer is my top choice!Tide got to expensive....Gain makes my sons excema flare up

Thank you for your response we are not allergic to anything in our household.
Strega
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:57 PM
We switched to Tide PODS not long ago, and we love them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
manamott
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 4:00 PM
I'm allergic to everything except Tide and my Melaleuca stuff.

Probably not EVERYTHING actually. But I've tried like Gain, Purex, and one or two other kids and I was allergic to all of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SandraJo
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 4:06 PM
I've been using great value for over a year. (Walmart brand). I went on vacation to a friends house and used her All stainlifters with oxyclean something or another...and my clothes looked so much better than they usually do.

I'm a convert.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Deshonsmommy
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:44 PM

I tried selling Melaleuca but it  was not for me same thing happened when I tried selling Avon..

Quoting manamott:

Probably not EVERYTHING actually. But I've tried like Gain, Purex, and one or two other kids and I was allergic to all of them.

Anniethemommy
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:50 PM

I find that gain doesn't clean very well for us just adds a lot of fragrance.... Ive been using Kirkland brand version of tide for years and its super cheap, but my BFF says the tide pods are amazing! but again I'm happy with the off brand tide and so Ill take her word on it...

Deshonsmommy
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:55 PM

For us it is not that our clothes are dirty but my husband had a strong "man smell" about him so I like heavy fragrant detergent and when I open the closet and the draws the fragrance lasts such a long time! When my son starts to discover dirt or getting dirty then maybe I will switch but until then I will just enjoy the scent.

Quoting Anniethemommy:

I find that gain doesn't clean very well for us just adds a lot of fragrance.... Ive been using Kirkland brand version of tide for years and its super cheap, but my BFF says the tide pods are amazing! but again I'm happy with the off brand tide and so Ill take her word on it...

manamott
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:39 PM
Yeah, I don't sell it. I mean I can...like I sold to my mom, but I don't go around selling it. I just use it. I love 99% of things I have tried.

Quoting Deshonsmommy:

I tried selling Melaleuca but it  was not for me same thing happened when I tried selling Avon..

Quoting manamott:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy.etc.
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:50 PM
For diapers and our clothes I've been using all free and clear, because the doctor that my Mom works for gives it to us free +huge boxes of samples). LOL. I can't use fabric softener on my clothes because it causes my face to break out (worse then my rosacea and hormonal acne) and basically irritates it so much that I lose a layer of skin. :( I sure wish that I could use it though be
cause I love smelling good clothes. I wish that I could find something hypoallergenic that smelled good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)