Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

What is your brand? do you ever change? For years I've only used Tide with Febreze and always wondered about Gain so one day while doing the groceries I said why not! And oh my goodness I am never going back and a plus is that it is cheaper that Tide! Apple Mango Tango detergent with the dryer sheets and Gain's Dreamy Desire fabric softener! I do laundry everyday just to smell them fresh out of the dryer! Lol DH does not mind because before I only did laundry when he did not have any underwear or work clothes.

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:16 PM
Replies (31-40):
sweetspice03
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:43 AM
For laundry at home, I use Sun, the one free of dyes and scent. I got a huge bottle of it for $5. The blankets have to go to the laundromat, so for that, I use the Purex 3 in 1 sheets. The extra cost of them is very well worth the convenience.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenni_Lynne71
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 7:38 AM
Same here; also mary kay

Quoting Deshonsmommy:

I tried selling Melaleuca but it  was not for me same thing happened when I tried selling Avon..

Quoting manamott:

I'm allergic to everything except Tide and my Melaleuca stuff.

Probably not EVERYTHING actually. But I've tried like Gain, Purex, and one or two other kids and I was allergic to all of them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tfor2
by Tiff on Apr. 27, 2012 at 7:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I make my own

Jenni_Lynne71
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 7:41 AM
I use Exra detergent with snuggle fabric softener.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelzIAm
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:06 AM
I love Tide however I will use Arm & Hammer with Oxi Clean occasionally but Tide with Bleach is the best for my family.
RelaxedMom2-3
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Gain is my favorite also....

PinkHairMAMA
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:12 AM
We live at the ballpark so our clothes are caked in tons of dirt. I have even taken to vacuuming some of our clothes before washing because I end up with mud in the washer. Would Gain work for us? I've been using Tide but I'd love to save $$!

Quoting Deshonsmommy:

For us it is not that our clothes are dirty but my husband had a strong "man smell" about him so I like heavy fragrant detergent and when I open the closet and the draws the fragrance lasts such a long time! When my son starts to discover dirt or getting dirty then maybe I will switch but until then I will just enjoy the scent.

Quoting Anniethemommy:

I find that gain doesn't clean very well for us just adds a lot of fragrance.... Ive been using Kirkland brand version of tide for years and its super cheap, but my BFF says the tide pods are amazing! but again I'm happy with the off brand tide and so Ill take her word on it...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:04 AM
We use tide, and dreft for the kiddos
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jana741
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Arm & Hammer is my best choice. I sometime buy Gain, I got a good deal on it about two weeks ago, so I bought two boxes.

mimi1207
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:10 PM

I use both tide and gain. whatever I feel like that time :+) I usually keep them both:) I also use dreft for my baby twins clothes:)

but did you'll hear on the news this morning that tide has a chemical in it that causes cancer??!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)