Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Little minutes/ Timing yourself

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:36 PM
  • 17 Replies

Do you set a time for yourself when cleaning?  I usually do 15 minute spurts throughout the day, but usually those 15 minutes are more like 40 or more.

I get very distracted while I'm cleaning, so I set a timer for 30 minutes. It helps me to stay focused, and I get more done in a short amount of time. - RealSimple.com

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tfor2
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:04 PM

I do it for 15 minutes. Now my kids ask me to set timers for them as well lol

misslady80013
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:10 PM
I don't I just clean until I need a break or if my son needs me. He is 2 weeks old. To be honest, I haven't cleaned as much as I used to, so glad and thankful my SO and I share the housework.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mami2oneboy
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:17 PM
No, Im by myself all day with my 2 year old ds, I clean when he's entertained playing napping etc. i take a break when I feel tired or I have to cook or something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
woliung8153
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:22 PM
Yes when I clean I use a timer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happy_momma_07
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:27 AM

i dont use a timer. i just do what needs to be done when i can.

JustShawna
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:42 AM

I'm trying to work FlyLady into my routines and she say's -- yes, use a timer. So, yes, I'm trying to use a timer. I end up doing more than the 15 minutes she say's to use, which I think is good. If I'm cleaning then the house is looking better..lol

Nutmeg101
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:58 AM
I set the timer- but end up going over. But it helps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.KanaLee.
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Nope.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lioness3e
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I set my phone alarm to remind me of  phone appointments with clients, however, when it comes to my home and business I don't use an alarm. I do things as I see them needed done.

I spent a year timing myself with various tasks, drives to dr.appts ect. I know in my head how long it will take to do various tasks. Most of them only takes seconds, if not a few minutes. It gave me a visual of how I use  my time and how much time these tasks require of me.

This took time and practice over a year long process but now after 9 years it comes natural to me.

Tryshx
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:35 PM
I just started today I'm drop cleaning the kitchen so I'll set the timer for 15, minutes clean and then take a break (today i've decided to play video games while I break lol) then I start again i'm letting things soak while I'm taking my break
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN