Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please mothers, how do you clean up after...3 guys.REPLY ASAP!! Thx.^_^

Posted by   + Show Post

My husband and my two little men. They are dirty, daily chores are boring, HOW do i get out of this lazy funk of not wanting to clean up after everyone every day! I WANT to be soooooooooooo clean but im pregnant and tiered, however im done with excuses. WHAT motivates you all???????????? 

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:27 PM
Replies (31-36):
smile357
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this

The rules change when you pregnant. The rule of he works and you clean is soo out of date. You work everyday 24 hours a day. I will say if you make it fun your kids will follow suit. The music is another good idea, absolutely noooo tv. To distracting. Pick up and clean the things that are bothering you the most. And also keep in mind that if you don't clean it how are you going to feel in the end. Try to learn how to not procrastinate. I happen to be horrible with laundry. It's two stories down in the basement and I have bad knee's, ankles, and back. My husband helps.

Bmat
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Oh yeah. Been there. husband and two sons.  I had to stop using toilet lid covers and bathroom rugs because of the kids. I gave up on their cleaning their rooms, I kept the doors closed, and cleaning or not was their problem, not mine. As for other chores they did them or they didn't go to bed until they were done.

momofpreemieboy
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:37 PM

lol I make them clean up their own messes lol  seriously when my men and ladies made messes there were times I wanted to hide my head in a hole like an ostrich but realized I felt better when the house was picked up not perfectly but at least looked right. Also don't beat yourself up if the house isn't perfect and straighten up what makes you comfortable. My DH always cleaned up and waited on me hand and foot when I was pregnant he is wonderful that way but let me tell you he can mess the house up faster than my children.

philsmom196
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:52 PM
Bomb the house...for the roaches. If/when your dh work gets easier, if he comes home to a happy home with dinner in the oven, clean smiling, faces, can't he give in when you cozy up, tel him what a great dad, provider, etc, he is, YOUR, his n you, children NEED an example, could he once a week take 30 minutes to do a how-to clean for and then with the children. Later, when you can't do it, praise the children for the great work they did with their dad, it'll remind them to be good. Start with the room most needed, cover all bases, pull the blankets up when out of bed, close the drawers when dressed, put laundry in a pile. the wipe, sweep, vacuum is way far away, little stuff. Keep the hallways clean, bribe your dh if you have to, you've got six months, give him breakfast in bed, scrambled eggs, french toast, juice, fruit for the 30 minutes, he'll love it, may repay you sometime in...six months, with well trained happier babes, cal him babe. My ds is very good with his 3 sons wen he isn't too tired too. He knows his stuff, three is a lot for them, wen it was one I drove over my day off, we picked up and pulled the socks in one move, the bedding, we learned to love the laundry. Gave us time together to talk, share, he learned laundry, by example she picked up within months. The boy was great, quiet, well behaved, learned by three, my ds was his "pillow" wen he got tired. They've kept up nicely. Rewarded sometimes with pizza, chicken, oriental takeout to share.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cats911
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:04 PM

I did that to my kids, if I found a lego on the floor with my foot, it went into the trash.  If I stepped on "Jellies(shoes)" which hurt like the devil when I was carrying stuff in the house and could not see the floor, they went in the trash.  Anything went in the trash if I stepped on it.  They soon learned to at least put it where Mom would not step on it. LOL

3rd2bedue
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Heehee , i dont have roaches, i was only talking about that in a reply to a mother that messaged me about them. ^_^ Ive not let things get that bad here,,,lol. Today my husband did great with the kids and i did ok with the cleaning, planning on doing a lot before tomorrows therapy for my sons.^_^ If all goes to plan our house should look fine by then! ^_^ Im doing a little better each day i think! ^_^ 

Quoting philsmom196:

Bomb the house...for the roaches. If/when your dh work gets easier, if he comes home to a happy home with dinner in the oven, clean smiling, faces, can't he give in when you cozy up, tel him what a great dad, provider, etc, he is, YOUR, his n you, children NEED an example, could he once a week take 30 minutes to do a how-to clean for and then with the children. Later, when you can't do it, praise the children for the great work they did with their dad, it'll remind them to be good. Start with the room most needed, cover all bases, pull the blankets up when out of bed, close the drawers when dressed, put laundry in a pile. the wipe, sweep, vacuum is way far away, little stuff. Keep the hallways clean, bribe your dh if you have to, you've got six months, give him breakfast in bed, scrambled eggs, french toast, juice, fruit for the 30 minutes, he'll love it, may repay you sometime in...six months, with well trained happier babes, cal him babe. My ds is very good with his 3 sons wen he isn't too tired too. He knows his stuff, three is a lot for them, wen it was one I drove over my day off, we picked up and pulled the socks in one move, the bedding, we learned to love the laundry. Gave us time together to talk, share, he learned laundry, by example she picked up within months. The boy was great, quiet, well behaved, learned by three, my ds was his "pillow" wen he got tired. They've kept up nicely. Rewarded sometimes with pizza, chicken, oriental takeout to share.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)