Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

And poof it's gone...

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:22 PM
  • 28 Replies

My microwave LOL

I was cleaning it with vinegar (boiling a cup of vinegar in it) and it sparked out the back and made a big pop. It smelled nasty.  I'm lucky my kitchen didn't catch on fire.

I had the great idea of trying to do without one (I've been rolling this around for a while) until my daughter came down asking for her Friday night popcorn to go with her Friday night movie.  SNAP! I actually went to the neighbors to ask them to pop out popcorn for us!

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momtogirls0823
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Oh my gosh!  I am so glad your kitchen didn't catch fire!  Do you know what caused it?  Was it the vinegar?  My dh said ours sparked once and so now we unplug it when not in use.  I hope you can get another one soon or at least figure out how to get your dd her popcorn!  

johnny4ever
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:56 AM

uh oh!

johnny4ever
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:57 AM

I secretly wish my old hotpoint oven would blow up asap!

connorsmommy120
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:00 AM

I'm so glad your kitchen didn't catch on fire!!!!!

connorsmommy120
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:01 AM

I wish we could go with out a microwave. Ours sits on a little space in between the fridge and stove. I hate it on the counter but, the cabinet above our stove is too close to the stove to put a microwave there...

SandraJo
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:04 AM
Good thing it didn't catch fire! We had an old one a neighbor gave us where you turn the knob and it starts. DS messed with it, and next time I used it, nothing happened. So no more microwave :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JustShawna
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this

pop your popcorn the old fashioned way! put a li'l oil in a pan (make sure it's a 3 quart pan for the stove) and put about 1/2 cup or 3/4 cup popcorn in it and put the lid on it. Turn it on and be patient. Once the oil heats up enough your popcorn will start to pop. Once its done just add your salt (to your liking) and your not so hot melted butter drizzled on it and whala! :D Popcorn!

MamaJane
by Jane on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Quoting Momtogirls0823:

Oh my gosh!  I am so glad your kitchen didn't catch fire!  Do you know what caused it?  Was it the vinegar?  My dh said ours sparked once and so now we unplug it when not in use.  I hope you can get another one soon or at least figure out how to get your dd her popcorn!  

LOL on the popcorn!  So does dd!

For sure not the vinegar.  Not anymore then it would for boiling water.  It was just its time and it went out with a band LOL.  I knew it was going soon...I just didn't figure it'd go out like that!

MamaJane
by Jane on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Yes I know but thank you :) DD won't eat it if it isn't microwave. 

Quoting JustShawna:

pop your popcorn the old fashioned way! put a li'l oil in a pan (make sure it's a 3 quart pan for the stove) and put about 1/2 cup or 3/4 cup popcorn in it and put the lid on it. Turn it on and be patient. Once the oil heats up enough your popcorn will start to pop. Once its done just add your salt (to your liking) and your not so hot melted butter drizzled on it and whala! :D Popcorn!

MamaJane
by Jane on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Quoting connorsmommy120:

I wish we could go with out a microwave. Ours sits on a little space in between the fridge and stove. I hate it on the counter but, the cabinet above our stove is too close to the stove to put a microwave there...

I know!  I was going to try to but I didn't realize how darn convenient the darn thing is.  We are going to have to take out the cabinet above the stove.  That's ok because I don't have much there anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)