Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Planning a party for an adult

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:23 PM
  • 5 Replies

I am planning a birthday party for my husband. The party is tomorrow. I've only invited family members.  I decided to have the food catered to make things simpler for me and also to make the party more enjoyable for the people coming, since I am not a good cook.

So I know I have to clean bathrooms, clean off the kitchen counters and table and the dining room table. Set out the warming trays and plates and flatware. I'm planning to use paper napkins and plastic cups- I know- not ecologically sound. I figure it is too late now to clean and organize as I should have been all along, so I'll just do what I can do and not worry- the windows for example, I just hope no one notices.

Any advice?

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Oneatatimemommy
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:33 PM

I was in the same situation when I had my baby shower at my house.  (My sister and friend organize it but we used my house.)  I was completely worried about not having the place clean enough and I also had a broken window.  No one noticed and everyone had a great time!  If the weather is warm enough move it outside.  More then likely people will not notice that your windows aren't clean.

A piece of advice that my mom told me, if guests are worried about your house being clean and not enjoying the party then they don't need to be there.  Reality is they are there to celebrate an event, not inspect your house!!

johnny4ever
by Tracy on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:38 PM

bump

MamaJane
by Jane on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Just have fun!

Bmat
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:05 PM

OK,  I'll try.  Thanks. What doesn't help is that my SIL is a fabulous decorator. Her house looks wonderful, mine is very dumpy compared to hers.  But then, I am comfortable here.

Quoting Oneatatimemommy:

I was in the same situation when I had my baby shower at my house.  (My sister and friend organize it but we used my house.)  I was completely worried about not having the place clean enough and I also had a broken window.  No one noticed and everyone had a great time!  If the weather is warm enough move it outside.  More then likely people will not notice that your windows aren't clean.

A piece of advice that my mom told me, if guests are worried about your house being clean and not enjoying the party then they don't need to be there.  Reality is they are there to celebrate an event, not inspect your house!!

Bmat
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Thanks! :)    I had another party catered years ago and was running all the time to take care of things. I think this should be easier. 

Quoting MamaJane:

Just have fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)