Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Write it down!

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:50 PM
  • 21 Replies

Do you rely on your memory for important dates?  Or do you write it on the calendar?  I tend to keep them in my head because I never remember to check the calendar.

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaJane
by Jane on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:55 PM

I used to keep them in my head.  Once Court started band and Cam's martial arts shows picked up, I had to devise a calendar system.  I still sometimes forget to look at the calendar, but at least the dates aren't all jumbled in my head.

connorsmommy120
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:57 PM

I write it on the calendar hanging on the wall next to our desk, and on the white board on the wall in the kitchen, that can be seen from the dining room. Plus if it's written on a flyer or something I either stick it on the fridge, or cork board connect to the bulletin board. I have a horrible memory.

Bmat
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:28 PM

I have to write it on two calendars.  If I write things only on the calendar in here and not the one in the kitchen, or vice versa, then I often forget anyway.

Bmat
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:29 PM

I do, too. The worst is that when I put things away, I forget where I put them. At the time it seems very logical, but I still forget.

Quoting connorsmommy120:

I write it on the calendar hanging on the wall next to our desk, and on the white board on the wall in the kitchen, that can be seen from the dining room. Plus if it's written on a flyer or something I either stick it on the fridge, or cork board connect to the bulletin board. I have a horrible memory.

Kaci
by Kathy on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:30 PM
This is me

Quoting Bmat:

I have to write it on two calendars.  If I write things only on the calendar in here and not the one in the kitchen, or vice versa, then I often forget anyway.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lioness3e
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:14 PM
Everything goes on 1 calendar. Bills to pay, bookings and appts. and business trips. Then I color code the schedule.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
johnny4ever
by Tracy on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:35 AM

I keep a monthly planner in my purse

3KidsOneMom
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:41 AM

I keep it in my family binder. thats where i keep coupons, calanders, cleaning lists, meal plans etc...

Jenni_Lynne71
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:08 AM
I keep it all on a calendar in the dining room where SO sits when he pays bill so he can see it mainly. His memory is worse than mine when it comes to appts, etc. LOL. I also put everything in my calendar on my blackberry so I have it when I'm out running around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenni_Lynne71
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:10 AM
I need to make one of these, it just seems so mind-boggling that I don't even know where to start. Ugh! I have one kinda started thru flylady tho.

Quoting 3KidsOneMom:

I keep it in my family binder. thats where i keep coupons, calanders, cleaning lists, meal plans etc...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)