Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Organizing a Home Office Bulletin Board

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:52 PM
  • 12 Replies

Hello Ladies,

Well the good news is, I finally got a new desk for my home office.  YAY!! I work from home so it's essential that I have a functional and organized work space.  My new desk has two small drawers for various supplies (pens, pencils, post-its, tape, stapler, label maker, etc., and a file drawer for easy access files. It also has two shelves, one for my printer and the other where I keep magazine holders with file folders to store work papers, household papers, printer paper/labels, etc.   My problem is this.  I'd like to keep my desktop as clear as possible.  And that seems to be working well. 

The major issue I have is where to put 'hot' items so they don't get lost.  I'm talking about post-its, invitations, concert tickets, and other things that need to be in sight that usually get lost in piles on my desk.  I was thinking of getting a bulletin board but my question is, how do you organize your bulletin board?  I've seen lots of pictures online and they look real organized, but I have no idea what should go on the bulletin board and how to keep them organized.  Any thoughts/suggestions? (pictures are welcome)

Thanks!

by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 3:14 PM

I have a bulletin board for things I want to keep right in front of me for whatever reason. I keep coupons and GCs on the upper left. A calendar on the mid right. Some poetry that I enjoy in the middle.

Shlamoof
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I would add a pocket or two to the bulletin board.  Just take an easily made paper pocket and tack it in the corner to throw in the concert tickets and other items that you don't want holes in, but need to be accessible.

wandep
by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Sorry I am no help. I don't have a home office.

johnny4ever
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:42 PM

bump

AzariahsMother
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:47 PM
I don't have a home office
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsallabtthem84
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:04 PM

I don't do bulletin boards.

Lisa....
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:05 PM

I have a bulletin board to the right of my desk with three months of calendar sheets on it, that I rotate each month. So I can always see at a glance what is coming up for the next three months. If something was critical like tickets I would stick them to that board.  I have file cabinets right next to my desk to try to file things promptly. I find paper piles can grow very quickly if not managed daily.

mom-1kids-3
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I found this on at Office Depot for $10. 

not-the-momma
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:39 PM

I never did either because I always thought it would become a junk collector but my plan is to set this one up with designated areas.  I'm not going to pin pictures of the kids or post-it's with phone numbers or anything else that doesn't have a better place to go.  This is just for things I don't want to get lost on my desk. 

Quoting itsallabtthem84:

I don't do bulletin boards.

not-the-momma
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:43 PM

I like the idea of putting a calendar up because even though I have a calendar online (which I share with DH) I like to be able to look up and see it without having to turn on my computer.  And what if we lost power or my computer crashed?!  OH MY!!  Yeah, I still need a paper calendar.   

What else do you put on your bulletin board?

Quoting Lisa....:

I have a bulletin board to the right of my desk with three months of calendar sheets on it, that I rotate each month. So I can always see at a glance what is coming up for the next three months. If something was critical like tickets I would stick them to that board.  I have file cabinets right next to my desk to try to file things promptly. I find paper piles can grow very quickly if not managed daily.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)