Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Organizing a Home Office Bulletin Board

Posted by   + Show Post

Hello Ladies,

Well the good news is, I finally got a new desk for my home office.  YAY!! I work from home so it's essential that I have a functional and organized work space.  My new desk has two small drawers for various supplies (pens, pencils, post-its, tape, stapler, label maker, etc., and a file drawer for easy access files. It also has two shelves, one for my printer and the other where I keep magazine holders with file folders to store work papers, household papers, printer paper/labels, etc.   My problem is this.  I'd like to keep my desktop as clear as possible.  And that seems to be working well. 

The major issue I have is where to put 'hot' items so they don't get lost.  I'm talking about post-its, invitations, concert tickets, and other things that need to be in sight that usually get lost in piles on my desk.  I was thinking of getting a bulletin board but my question is, how do you organize your bulletin board?  I've seen lots of pictures online and they look real organized, but I have no idea what should go on the bulletin board and how to keep them organized.  Any thoughts/suggestions? (pictures are welcome)

Thanks!

by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Replies (11-12):
MamaJane
by Jane on May. 2, 2012 at 9:07 PM

You can get plain cork or any card board material and wrap ribbon or rubber bands around it. Then your items can be placed in catergories.

MamaJane
by Jane on May. 2, 2012 at 9:10 PM

That's what I use mine for.  The upcoming ice cream social at school, a birthday invite, Court's contest schedule (for 1  day not a whole season).  Things that will come and go and then be thrown out when they are done.

Quoting not-the-momma:

I never did either because I always thought it would become a junk collector but my plan is to set this one up with designated areas.  I'm not going to pin pictures of the kids or post-it's with phone numbers or anything else that doesn't have a better place to go.  This is just for things I don't want to get lost on my desk. 

Quoting itsallabtthem84:

I don't do bulletin boards.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)