Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing
Did anyone teach you how to clean and take care of your home?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:30 AM
Replies (21-30):
darci16
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 8:39 AM

No

Mom2ArLn
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:48 AM
Yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Yuriko_chan
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:51 AM
We each had our one chore and we each did our own laundry. As far as how to deep clean, keep a house clean, organize, etc, no. No one has ever taught me. Which is why I have so many problems keeping my house clean now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2cindylouwho
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:53 AM
I assume so, but since I'm a bit more anal in the cleaning/organizing I taught myself most things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyBear1
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:57 AM

NO....my mother was a clutter bug too!  I'm stuggling to overcome it.  But I've learned a LOT about cleaning itself.  I just keep too much "stuff".  The house is clean, just cluttered. 

johnny4ever
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:14 AM

nope..she was never a good housekeeper

lioness3e
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Both my parents were my example. However, I don't remember them so much teaching me. I'm highly visual so just watching them was enough.

Many of my clientele say they were never taught basic home management/organizational skills by either parent. That's why they've contacted me. I go in and teach them these skills. It wasn't the intent of my business 9 years ago and it amazed me how many women didn't know these skills. So many of my days involve teaching these skills now.

I firmly believe when a parent doesn't teach these skills its doing a disservice to their children. It really has effected my clients. Its a pretty emotional thing for them as they feel they're failing their own children.

I deal with two extremes. Clients parent were either a very poor housekeeper or they had OCD and never allowed the child to help out with household chores. There was never a in between for them.

Bmat
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Mom taught me some cleaning. I watched my grandma for some.

kylesmommy916
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:55 AM

I think I am such a neat freak in my own house because my Mom was (and still is) the complete oppisite of neat  when I was growing up!!

black.eyeliner
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Yeah my dad. He is super organized and clean.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN