Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

If You Could Ask Your Mom

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:27 PM
  • 25 Replies

If you could ask your Mom (or other important person) to teach you how to clean ONE thing, what would that ONE thing be?

SunKissed & Loved,

by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
epilepsymom
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this

How to keep my room from becoming the Catch all..

Also how to eliminate dust?? Im soooo tired of dust everywhere!!!

SandraJo
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Oooh.....I have no idea. I figured out most of the cleaning on my own. And my Dad taught me a lot of tricks. He's the one I have conversations with on which vacuum cleaner I should buy. Things like that.

Maybe how to clean the inside of my kids drawers? They manage to spill stuff in there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.KanaLee.
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:03 PM

The post is so you can ask a question... even if it weren't to your mom but maybe the mom you didn't have... come on ask just one cleaning question... =-)

Quoting Caitlin411:

She is kind of useless in that department. She would need to get her house under control before I would accept any advice from her.

.KanaLee.
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:33 PM

What is the best way to hand wash dishes?

Shlamoof
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

The inside of my house!  Hahaha.  Really though, I would ask MIL how to clean the oven.  Mine does NOT come clean.

.KanaLee.
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:53 PM

How do you mop a tile floor?

johnny4ever
Hiking!
Yesterday at 10:55 AM
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Nothing..we arent close

CandyceG
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this

How to keep kids books looking so nice.  My Grandmother kept my books from childhood so nice I was able to hand them down to my kids and they destroyed them and every other kids book that has entered the house since.  I would love to be able to pass on something of theirs to their kids.

Bmat
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Line the drawers with waterproof drawer liner.  If you bring it up the edges a little, it catches most spills.

Quoting SandraJo:

Oooh.....I have no idea. I figured out most of the cleaning on my own. And my Dad taught me a lot of tricks. He's the one I have conversations with on which vacuum cleaner I should buy. Things like that.

Maybe how to clean the inside of my kids drawers? They manage to spill stuff in there.

Bmat
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

laundry tips

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)