Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!! ***UPDATE***

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:48 AM
  • 16 Replies

Hi, ladies! I'm new, I joined this group because I have a problem. Yesterday, my SO's friend came over and had tar on his shoes. There are now tar spots on my carpet! How can I get it out. We rent and I don't want to lose our deposit because his friend didn't take his darn shoes off! If you have any suggestions I would really appreciate it!

WD-40 is a miracle worker!! I sprayed the tar and 15 minutes later I used a washcloth and rubbed it out with no problem. So for future reference WD-40 will get tar out of carpet. Thanks for all your help.

by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by Tracy on May. 4, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Bump for help!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momtogirls0823
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Quoting johnny4ever:

Bump for help!

I'm sorry I don't know the answer but here's a bump for you so someone else can help you!

I am a busy working mom to two very active girls.  I love my kids, play on the floor in the fort with them, take them to the park, and love them always!  I can't imagine life without them!

school bus       school bus

isleysmom
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Thank you for bumping!

manamott
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LMEMomma05
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epilepsymom
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:05 PM

BUMP! Maybe google it?? Sorry no help here! What about getting a carpet shampooer and shampooing the carpet?? 

Oxyclean??? 

isleysmom
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:35 PM

I googled it and found more than one answer that says to use WD-40. Some other suggestions were Goo Gone and toothpaste. So at least we have a few options. SO is out now getting the WD-40 and Good Gone.

Quoting epilepsymom:

BUMP! Maybe google it?? Sorry no help here! What about getting a carpet shampooer and shampooing the carpet?? 

Oxyclean??? 

MamaJane
by Jane on May. 4, 2012 at 8:49 PM

I would say googone.  I don't think that will hurt it so you aren't losing anything by trying.  I think hairspray gets out sticky things...I think what you'd need is to release the stickyness...then if there was any stain left you could deal with that.

anotherguatmom
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't know if it would work but, I would get a white terry cloth towel, put it over the tar and then usurp a hot iron over it out. That's how I get cancel wax out of carpeting.
AzariahsMother
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Welcome to the group!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)