Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Front or top loading washer?

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:15 PM
  • 42 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you have a front or top loader. If you plan to get one or the other, please tell why?

Options:

Front

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 44

View Results

by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 7:17 PM

I have a top loader. I am uncertain about what to get next. Right now I can leave the washer door open to let the washer air out, but with a front loader, the space where the washer and dryer are have the doors to the area right up against them, so the only way I could leave the washer door open would be to leave the laundry alcove door open.

SandraJo
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:23 PM
I've had top leaders my whole life. Right now our apt complex has front leaders. I prefer top loaders.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsallabtthem84
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Other, because we don't own a washer or dryer.

Shlamoof
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:55 PM

I have front.  I much prefer them :)

MamaJane
by Jane on May. 6, 2012 at 9:21 PM

We have a tight area.  I leave the laundry door open but you don't have to leave the door all the way open, all the time. 

wandep
Join me in the Cleaning the Flylady Way group!
Yesterday at 7:57 PM
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I have samsung brand silver he washer/dryer set with the frontloader and steam. I LOVE them. The only problem I had was the heating element went out of the dryer after about 2 years. It was okay tho other than them having to order the part and I was without the dryer for a week. I minded it at the time but I would not change anything. I love it. I also have the canisters underneath for storage and because I am short. It is the perfect height. I also like the fact if you have a small load you can do a 30 minute cycle to wash and dry.

shesliketx
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:43 PM
i have a whirlpool cabrio top loader. i have had a lot of friends have issues with a mildewy smell and leaking. I also have basically all the same features in my top loader that came in a front loader. i love it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prenatalRN
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I like front loaders. The are more energy efficient. But like you said if you cant leave the door open I wouldnt get one. Front loaders are known to get moldy if you dont leave the door open,.

la_bella_vita
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Front

Bmat
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:27 PM

This is about the conclusion I have come to. The only other thing I can think of would be to expand the alcove, but this would take up kitchen space, which I really don't want to do.

Quoting prenatalRN:

I like front loaders. The are more energy efficient. But like you said if you cant leave the door open I wouldnt get one. Front loaders are known to get moldy if you dont leave the door open,.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN