Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Front or top loading washer?

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:15 PM
  • 42 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you have a front or top loader. If you plan to get one or the other, please tell why?

Options:

Front

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 44

View Results

by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 7:17 PM

I have a top loader. I am uncertain about what to get next. Right now I can leave the washer door open to let the washer air out, but with a front loader, the space where the washer and dryer are have the doors to the area right up against them, so the only way I could leave the washer door open would be to leave the laundry alcove door open.

SandraJo
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:23 PM
I've had top leaders my whole life. Right now our apt complex has front leaders. I prefer top loaders.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsallabtthem84
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Other, because we don't own a washer or dryer.

Shlamoof
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:55 PM

I have front.  I much prefer them :)

MamaJane
by Jane on May. 6, 2012 at 9:21 PM

We have a tight area.  I leave the laundry door open but you don't have to leave the door all the way open, all the time. 

wandep
Hope everyone has a great week!!! It's almost Christmas time!!!
Yesterday at 9:39 AM
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I have samsung brand silver he washer/dryer set with the frontloader and steam. I LOVE them. The only problem I had was the heating element went out of the dryer after about 2 years. It was okay tho other than them having to order the part and I was without the dryer for a week. I minded it at the time but I would not change anything. I love it. I also have the canisters underneath for storage and because I am short. It is the perfect height. I also like the fact if you have a small load you can do a 30 minute cycle to wash and dry.

shesliketx
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:43 PM
i have a whirlpool cabrio top loader. i have had a lot of friends have issues with a mildewy smell and leaking. I also have basically all the same features in my top loader that came in a front loader. i love it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prenatalRN
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I like front loaders. The are more energy efficient. But like you said if you cant leave the door open I wouldnt get one. Front loaders are known to get moldy if you dont leave the door open,.

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Front

Bmat
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:27 PM

This is about the conclusion I have come to. The only other thing I can think of would be to expand the alcove, but this would take up kitchen space, which I really don't want to do.

Quoting prenatalRN:

I like front loaders. The are more energy efficient. But like you said if you cant leave the door open I wouldnt get one. Front loaders are known to get moldy if you dont leave the door open,.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN