Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

How many of these gifts will you be getting for Mother's Day?

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 4:46 AM
  • 17 Replies

10 Priceless Mother's Day Gifts You'll Probably Never Receive

Posted by Andrew Kardon on May 8, 2012 

Girl doing her homeworkThis Sunday is Mother's Day. And like most dads, I'm proud to say I still don't have a friggin' clue what I'm getting for my wife.

Yes, I'll be sure to have the kids make some homemade cards full of plenty of shiny stickers and adorable crayon drawings of things we won't be able to decipher. But what about the gift?

Cookie trays, fun spatulas or any other kitchen gadget seems as bad as getting dad a tie for Father's Day. I hate ties. Nobody likes ties.

So I came up with a list of the perfect gifts my kids can give their mom and they truly are priceless. Meaning, they won't cost a cent. Bonus!

Here's a list of 10 things my kids should give my wife for Mother's Day:

More from The Stir: Mother's Day Masterpieces: 5 Works of Art Get the Mommy Treatment (PHOTOS)

1. Do their homework without being asked. Heck, doing your homework even when being asked would be a great gift.
  2. Go 24 hours without fighting with his brother. Nothing says, "I love you, Mom" more than not hearing, "I hate you, Jake" every 10 minutes.
  3. Eat something besides chicken nuggets or mac & cheese. Sorry but these wonderfully processed foods are not part of the four major food groups. Or even that funky pyramid.
  4. Make their own bed. Don't just toss a blanket over the crumpled sheets and pile of stuffed animals, really tuck everything in neatly.
  5. Don't mess up the house. This one's easy. Just sit in one spot and... Don't. Touch. Anything.
  6. Let mommy talk on the phone. Even if it's a life-threatening situation like you can't find your Level 17 Bulbasaur Pokemon card, just fight that urge.
  7. Shut off the lights. When you leave a room, shut the lights off. That goes for your bedroom, the playroom, the living room, the kitchen, etc.
  8. Sleep late. As in, don't wake up at 6 a.m. Not even 7 a.m. Sleep is good for you. You're getting sleepy...
  9. Clean your room. Seriously, stepping on Legos with your bare feet hurts. A lot.
  10. Pee before you leave. I know, I know. You don't have to go. Really. But just this one day, go before you get in the car for the long trip to grandma's house.

How many of these gifts will you be getting for Mother's Day?

by on May. 9, 2012 at 4:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
itsallabtthem84
by on May. 9, 2012 at 5:04 AM
Just the sleeping in one. My husband is good at letting me sleep in even when ge works graveyard shift.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmomma1111
by on May. 9, 2012 at 5:05 AM

AHHH THE JOYS OLOL

huntersmama711
by on May. 9, 2012 at 5:07 AM
Probably none of those. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
johnny4ever
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:10 AM

a few.my son is great on Mothers Day

isaboo22
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:28 AM

I have been advised by one of my 5yr DD that on Mother's Day, I can sleep as late as I want. Well Ok then!!!!  I guess she doesn't realize that they are pretty good when it comes to NOT getting up early so I always sleep in on weekend. HA

MamaJane
by Jane on May. 11, 2012 at 10:46 PM

You know my kids are pretty good, most of the time with most of these.  They still forget from time to time but none are a major issue (except maybe my middle son's room) They are older.  But we are 5 plus people so it still takes a lot of work.  I'd love to snap my fingers and have a sparkling house on Sunday so I could just sit back and enjoy my family.

MamaJane
by Jane on May. 11, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Quoting isaboo22:

I have been advised by one of my 5yr DD that on Mother's Day, I can sleep as late as I want. Well Ok then!!!!  I guess she doesn't realize that they are pretty good when it comes to NOT getting up early so I always sleep in on weekend. HA

I'm blessed with sleeper iners too.  I realize how lucky I am! 

Momtogirls0823
by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Well, I have to work Sunday so, sadly, no sleeping in for me.  I know my youngest dd wants to clean some for me.  She also has some homemade cards waiting for me.  I  cannot wait!!  Beyond that, I don't know.  I will be getting hugs, which are the best!   :)  Oh!  I also have an awesome work schedule next week so that's pretty cool, too!  

cmissamy
by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:30 AM

None of the above, but I would like the kids to put the dogs outside without being told.

s.t.e.p.h
by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:21 AM

maybe like 2 lol...if I'm lucky.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)