Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Steam mop vs. Steam mop

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:30 AM
  • 23 Replies

I use to have one, was giving to me.  My dh & his cousin broke it last year. So now my dh is going to be getting me a new one. Any way which is the best, iyo.    I know their is one that comes w/ two heads, one that comes to a point to make it easier to clean around the toilets. I'd like one like that.  So which brand is best and where did you get yours at? I've seen them at only walmart & best buy and only seen one brand, which I've heard only last a year, need something longer then that. 

by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:57 AM
I have a Shark
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ihave1
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Thats the one that doesnt last more then a year. Its purple and gray right?

Quoting johnny4ever:

I have a Shark

HollyHawk333
by Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:05 PM
I've had my shark for two years and LOVE it. It came with a portable one to which is great for the furniture and curtains. It's my favorite cleaning thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TwoOnTheWay
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:09 PM
I have the Haan. I got it off amazon and love it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LexRi0709
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:11 PM
I saw a commercial for hoovers one the other day. Seems nice. I don't know anything about it, but it does have a soap to use with it whereas the shark doesn't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Auntie77
by on May. 10, 2012 at 2:37 PM

I have a H20.   Just bought my second one.  The first one lasted about 5-6 years.  I bought it on line off an infomercial.  The same with the second.   

I have ceramic tile floors in a large kitchen and a bath.  This H2O has cleaned them and kept them clean.  The grout got cleaner with each cleaning.   This H2O uses no cleaner, only water which turns to steam.  As I have asthma, I love the fact that there are no fumes from cleaners.

I love it and highly recommend this product!!!

.KanaLee.
by on May. 10, 2012 at 2:47 PM
I have a shark and like it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJane
by Jane on May. 10, 2012 at 7:45 PM

I have a cheap Shark model and it stripped my floors the one time I used it.  I haven't used it again.  I'd love to get one but I'm very skeptical now.

AzariahsMother
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I have a pick one, and for the life of me can't think of the brand.

strungoutmom
by on May. 11, 2012 at 1:32 AM

I had seen the bissel on tv and I also got an add sent to my email.  Really like it. I am looking at getting one. I have pergo wood floors all over my house except the bedrooms for now. 

And I think the other one I saw and think its by Bissel is the one that vacumes and steams. I have 2 carpet cleaners by Bissel and love them. The bigger one for when I want to do the whole house and I have a smaller version I use for just cleaning up the small spills or dog accidents.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)