Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Methods for spring cleaning

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:31 PM
  • 10 Replies

What are some methods that you use for keeping up on daily and weekly cleaning while at the same time tackeling spring cleaning also. Do you organize by making a schedule and writing things down or do you find it easier to just pick a spot and dig in? Are there tricks you use to keep yourself motivated and on track and efficient and if so, what are they?

by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaJane
by Jane on May. 10, 2012 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I used to use lists but I've been doing it so long that I no longer use them.  I do write it down in the daily cleaning post in here when I have a big list.  It helps me stay on track and feels good to cross off.

I've done both ways.  Just tackling one room until it was done, top to bottom or adding a task in every day along with daily and weekly cleaning.  I think I prefer tackling it all at once. I feel if it drags out that it's never ending.

It's a matter of what works for you. 

lillucky8
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:31 PM
I make lists for the wknds of the things i need to get done. For major jobbers i do one room at a time and just tackle it floor to ceiling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJane
by Jane on May. 11, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Here's a bump!  THis one must have got lost in the shuffle.

Diana1827a
by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:23 PM

BUMP!

erienne06
by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:33 PM
Same

Quoting lillucky8:

I make lists for the wknds of the things i need to get done. For major jobbers i do one room at a time and just tackle it floor to ceiling.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by on May. 12, 2012 at 10:40 PM

I have internal lists that I follow, lol

When I"m feeling overwhelmed, I write a list on the dry eraser board

kristina0121
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:27 PM

On days that tend to be less busy or when there is no laundry to do, I have a little extra free time and I will start in one room. Clean walls top to bottom and everywhere in between. I feel better doing it one room at a time. But to make sure you can finish, pick a smaller room if you have less time, and larger room if your day is pretty free! Good luck!

philsmom196
by on May. 13, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Can "cafe mom" go international so the moms in other countries can contribute how they organize n live. A lot of euros countries have small houses, like rowhouses, with floors and balconies. They have their organization skills to share. Is this legally doable, a ring for the globe, happy mothers day America.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bluetick
by on May. 13, 2012 at 4:21 PM
Agreed!

Quoting philsmom196:

Can "cafe mom" go international so the moms in other countries can contribute how they organize n live. A lot of euros countries have small houses, like rowhouses, with floors and balconies. They have their organization skills to share. Is this legally doable, a ring for the globe, happy mothers day America.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wandep
by Pam on May. 13, 2012 at 6:41 PM

I hardly ever do spring cleaning....I just basically try to keep my house in order and keep things clean.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)