Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Is it supposed to be this way?

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 6:37 PM
  • 20 Replies

I made my own laundry detergent and it looks so watery and doesnt make any bubbles. Is it supposed to be this way?

by on May. 10, 2012 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I made fabric softener and I so wasnt impressed..cant stand the smell of vinegar anyway..trial and error maybe

MamaJane
by Jane on May. 10, 2012 at 7:36 PM

I don't know.  I haven't made mine yet.

tatinbriansmom
by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:48 PM

I made it with downy unstoppable and it smells great, but no lader (sp?)

Quoting johnny4ever:

I made fabric softener and I so wasnt impressed..cant stand the smell of vinegar anyway..trial and error maybe

amgrays
by on May. 11, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Mine gelled (sp?) really thick and had to be stirred every time. Maybe you added too much water? Did you try stirring it or shaking it up?

.KanaLee.
by on May. 11, 2012 at 10:58 AM
I make home made hand soap.... it is watery the first day. After a couple days it is thick and perfect. Let it sit s day or two.

Quoting tatinbriansmom:

I made my own laundry detergent and it looks so watery and doesnt make any bubbles. Is it supposed to be this way?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2012 at 4:05 PM

I hope this works.

I'd be interested in your recipe for homemade hand soap?

Quoting .KanaLee.:

I make home made hand soap.... it is watery the first day. After a couple days it is thick and perfect. Let it sit s day or two.

Quoting tatinbriansmom:

wandep
by Pam on May. 11, 2012 at 4:41 PM

No clue! Sorry.

Pink.Frosting
by Member on May. 11, 2012 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, it is normal.  The commercial detergents have ingredients in them specifically to make the water look soapy because that's what consumers what to see.  But the homemade detergent won't get as thick or soap up the water as much because they don't contain those chemicals.  Perfectly normal.  It will still clean your clothes just fine.  :0)

hkelly7
by on May. 11, 2012 at 7:32 PM

id love the recipe!!

MamaJane
by Jane on May. 11, 2012 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting hkelly7:

id love the recipe!!

There's a sticky at the top of the group's home page.  It's titled "homemade cleaners and organizational journals"  or something close to that. Check it out because there are tons of recipes or links to other posts.  Here's the laundry soap site I use...

http://tipnut.com/10-homemade-laundry-soap-detergent-recipes/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)