Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Suggestions?

Posted by on May. 13, 2012 at 11:33 PM
  • 8 Replies

Trying to get organized and KEEP it that way... DD is going to be 1 June 17th and is almost walking, we share a bedroom since I live at home (financially it works out for the best) I want to flip flop my room and make it so she has space to play and explore but not sure how to keep it together and not have it look like a teenagers room with a crib... any suggestions would be awesome!

by on May. 13, 2012 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
johnny4ever
by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:29 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJane
by Jane on May. 14, 2012 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry, but I need more info then that...

If you want to create more space, arrange things along the wall so you have floor room for her.  Go up your walls with storage so you don't have stuff on the floors.  A great way to do this is with over the door shoe organizers.  They can be easily mounted on the wall as well as over a door.  Mine cost under $5.

shannoncrattie
by on May. 14, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Not sure what they call them, but they make these "shelves" with plastic bins.  I have one that has four rows, four big bins and eight small bins.  Or, you could get a book shelf and some of those cloth bins they sell at places like Walmart or Target.  There are also plastic totes and "shoe organizers" that you can use for just about anything that slides easily under beds or cribs.  I would go through and purge things while in this process as well.  For stuffed animals, buy some decorative fish net and make a hammock in a corner, just where she can reach them.  Or, if you want to display them put them up just a tad bit higher.

wandep
by on May. 14, 2012 at 5:00 PM

No clue, can you share a before picture with us? :)

Diana1827a
by on May. 14, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Yes, post a picture of your room if you can.:)

Shlamoof
by on May. 14, 2012 at 8:35 PM

All great ideas :)

Quoting MamaJane:

If you want to create more space, arrange things along the wall so you have floor room for her.  Go up your walls with storage so you don't have stuff on the floors.  A great way to do this is with over the door shoe organizers.  They can be easily mounted on the wall as well as over a door.  Mine cost under $5.

la_bella_vita
by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Quoting Shlamoof:

All great ideas :)

Quoting MamaJane:

newmomma1111
by on May. 15, 2012 at 4:55 AM

lol i am going through the same thing right now... my son is 6 months and we have like no space in our room with him it is me my bf and son. i think i was told the room is like 11x12

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)