Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

House Binder

Posted by on May. 20, 2012 at 4:52 PM
  • 44 Replies
Do you have one? What is in your if you do? I am thinking about doing one and would love same ideas. How do you organize yours? Do you stick to it? How easy/hard is it to stick to it? How often do you look at it?

I know this has been done a few times, bit I am mobile so can't search and it's just easier on me to start a new post.

Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 20, 2012 at 4:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PartiallyNormal
by on May. 20, 2012 at 5:00 PM
I have a house binder. (this list isnt in order) It's got my cleaning schedule, work schedule, DH's work schedule, our gym schedules, to-do lists, a map of our grocery store, emergency numbers, special occasions, and doctor's appointments in it. It's pretty easy to stick to. For us, lol.
Pink.Frosting
by Member on May. 20, 2012 at 5:01 PM

I have one.  I have a couple of pretty pictures in the front, followed by a few of my kid's drawings.  (My kids are older now, but I saved some of their drawings from when they were little and put them in page protectors and scatter them here and there in my binder.)  After that I've got a section labeled "easy access" which is things my husband may need to access and find and I know he won't want to have to page through the binder to find them.  So they're all right there in front together.  After that, I have a section labeled "fugality" and that has anything to do with keeping and stretching a household budget.  I also keep our meal plans there.  Next is the "medical" section where I keep medication logs, doctor's info/notes and EOBs.  Then the next section is for homeschooling and after that is all my Flylady info.  The last section holds things like our bank statements and other financial reports.

I keep current bills due in the back pockets as well as any gift certificates we have so they won't get lost.  The front pockets hold cards I have bought for upcoming occasions along with things like cards with doctor appointment dates and orders for lab work.  In other words, anything important that I cant' lose and need to be able to put my hand right on. 

I have my recipes in a separate notebook alltogether.  I have too many to put them in the household binder with everything else.  It was easier just to give them their own space.

itsallabtthem84
by on May. 20, 2012 at 5:42 PM
How many inches is it?

Quoting Pink.Frosting:

I have one.  I have a couple of pretty pictures in the front, followed by a few of my kid's drawings.  (My kids are older now, but I saved some of their drawings from when they were little and put them in page protectors and scatter them here and there in my binder.)  After that I've got a section labeled "easy access" which is things my husband may need to access and find and I know he won't want to have to page through the binder to find them.  So they're all right there in front together.  After that, I have a section labeled "fugality" and that has anything to do with keeping and stretching a household budget.  I also keep our meal plans there.  Next is the "medical" section where I keep medication logs, doctor's info/notes and EOBs.  Then the next section is for homeschooling and after that is all my Flylady info.  The last section holds things like our bank statements and other financial reports.

I keep current bills due in the back pockets as well as any gift certificates we have so they won't get lost.  The front pockets hold cards I have bought for upcoming occasions along with things like cards with doctor appointment dates and orders for lab work.  In other words, anything important that I cant' lose and need to be able to put my hand right on. 

I have my recipes in a separate notebook alltogether.  I have too many to put them in the household binder with everything else.  It was easier just to give them their own space.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsallabtthem84
by on May. 20, 2012 at 5:42 PM
How many inches is it?

Quoting PartiallyNormal:

I have a house binder. (this list isnt in order) It's got my cleaning schedule, work schedule, DH's work schedule, our gym schedules, to-do lists, a map of our grocery store, emergency numbers, special occasions, and doctor's appointments in it. It's pretty easy to stick to. For us, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JJJMommyKris
by Member on May. 20, 2012 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Bump so I can get ideas too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PartiallyNormal
by on May. 20, 2012 at 5:49 PM
Quoting itsallabtthem84:

Just a 2 inch 3 ring.
boshs1andonly
by on May. 20, 2012 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I have one. My sections are calendars, financials, recipes & menus, family info and articles & tips. The calendars has my cleaning schedules & other routines. Financials has upcoming bills & stuff like that. Recipes & menus have my weekly menus and shopping lists. Family info doesn't have much right now, but it will be info for dd's school and stuff. articles & tips are just random stuff i want to try. 

erienne06
by on May. 20, 2012 at 6:07 PM
Pencil case with dry erase markers and pens
Dividers
Monthly cleaning list
Monthly budget planner
Gift ideas
Special projects/craft ideas
Spring cleaning list
Meal planner
Diaper bag checklist
Emergency numbers
Saving money tips
Cleaning/organizing tips
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jtjrpsmmy
by on May. 20, 2012 at 6:07 PM

I've got one too. It looks exactly like this, but with my family's info.  I have financials, meal plans, house lists, cleaning lists, budgets, coupons, calanders... and so on. I got this from a lady on etsy and made mine.

CafeMom Tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

johnny4ever
by on May. 20, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)