Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

So Discouraged

Posted by on May. 28, 2012 at 4:23 AM
  • 22 Replies

I posted a few days ago about needing motivation to clean; now I need it more than ever.

I have got a little progress, but now I'm freaking out. My brother-in-law and girlfriend will be coming either this next weekend or later in month and staying a couple days. I feel like I need a babysitter for the whole week (don't have one) and someone sitting on my couch being bossy and telling me to clean. Then my dad is needing help with his business to get important parts out. At times like this I really miss having a best friend (long story). 

I know feeling sorry for myself gets me nowhere. I just feel so discouraged. Plus with summer little black bugs are trying to take over my house, and I don't know have to get rid of them grrrrrr.

crying 

by on May. 28, 2012 at 4:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillucky8
by on May. 28, 2012 at 7:02 AM
Aww, sry. Im dying to clean but being hugely prego and on restriction im not allowed to.go bonkers like i want to :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
johnny4ever
Today at 5:59 AM
by on May. 28, 2012 at 7:21 AM

One step at a time!You can do it!

smile357
by on May. 28, 2012 at 7:56 AM

One step and area at a time. Take deap breaths and keep your mind on what your doing at that moment not what you still have to do. You'll find it's much easier.

LadyBear1
by on May. 28, 2012 at 8:57 AM

I'd tell the bossy one to shut the hell up.  Then I'd take it one room at a time.  Small areas and focus on that.  As far as your dad....can he get someone else to help him out for a while? 

wandep
Feeling excited for the New Year! :)
Yesterday at 7:03 PM
by Platinum Member on May. 28, 2012 at 9:12 AM

I'd tell the bossy one to help out! LOL Take baby steps..15 mins at a time and pick a room at a time...start on that room and clean it for 15 mins then go to the next room for 15 mins...just keep rotating. You can do it momma!

Moms_Angels1960
by on May. 28, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I agree take it one step at a time. Maybe your dad could be that bossy one sitting on the couch helping you out since you help him get parts out hmmmm???

Good Luck try not to stress over it all, your brother will probably be a lot more work then you know & he's not coming to see the house really is he? Deep breath!! You can do it!

lioness3e
by on May. 28, 2012 at 11:35 AM

You don't need to have the feeling of motivation to start cleaning. Motivation is not a given feeling. If you wait around for it, it will never come. Action=motivation. Start doing something, anywhere and you'll start to feel it. Turn off the TV, computer,phone and turn on some music.

You can also time map yourself for a day or two. Write down everything you do and then use it to see how you are using your time. Is it being spent wisely, or are you just wasting valuable time?

You don't need a babysitter, friend ect. to help you get started. Simply use this group as your accountability partner. I work with people across the US via Internet and texting,  they actually get things done.

Instead of coming in here upset about not getting anything done. Come in here start a progress post and then post about what you get done on a daily basis, or if you need help.

It doesn't matter if anyone does not respond. People will read it and you can be an inspiration to other women.

I have women do this often in my de-clutter group. They use the group as their accountability partner and we support, encourage and give suggestions along the way.

Spend one day recording how you spend your time, computer,TV,phone, texting ect., then sit down and create a plan of action. How are you going to begin? Start in the kitchen, bathrooms and then living areas. Leave the bedrooms last and focus on the areas your guests will be in most during their visit. Be ruthless about it. Good luck! I look forward to hearing about some positive progress. You can do this?

good

Shlamoof
by on May. 28, 2012 at 11:42 AM

It would be awesome if motivation came as easily as discouragement.  Keep trucking along.  If you push yourself even for 15 minutes, you will see a difference and you will be glad you started.  Not much gets done in my house that came willingly.  It almost all started with pushing myself, for just a few minutes.

AzariahsMother
by on May. 28, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Sorry, but you can do it.  Just take 1 task at a time, maybe set a timer to see how much you can get done in that amount of time.  Good Luck!

vig5179
by on May. 28, 2012 at 1:13 PM

He does, but the parts he needs help on takes about an hour each, and he asked if I would do a night shift since my husband works nights and I'm used to staying up late. So he needs someone out there, and I need the income, it's just bad timing.

Quoting LadyBear1:

I'd tell the bossy one to shut the hell up.  Then I'd take it one room at a time.  Small areas and focus on that.  As far as your dad....can he get someone else to help him out for a while? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN