Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Kids cleaning their bedroom

Posted by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 8:38 PM
  • 17 Replies
My neice, have trouble, getting her almost 13 yr old son, to clean his room. I explained to her, he a typical teenager, my kids are the same. How about your kids?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lioness3e
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I had mine take out trash, wash the sink and sweep the floors. Then we
rotated the toilet and tubs. One week
I'd do them,the other they did it. Teamwork!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this

In 1951, when kids owned three changes of clothes, one kind of sports equipment and 12 toys... expecting them to keep their rooms clean on their own was sensible.

Today, with most kids owning hundreds of pieces of clothing and thousands of toys? No. It's like expecting a child to manage the inventory for a General Store.

AzariahsMother
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:23 PM
Mine will clean, but will be messy 2 hours later
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brlee1115
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this
If it's on the floor, it goes in the garbage. He's gotten much better at taking care of his stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TxMommyOfBoys
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Mine are 9,6&4. They clean their rooms when I ask. I do it myself sometimes though.
black.eyeliner
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 11:13 PM
Their rooms are usually clean. But they are hardly in them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 12:42 AM

My kids pick up their room once a day

johnny4ever
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 8:48 AM

he is getting better

grouchymama
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 9:42 AM

As part of the bedtime routine we take 5 minutes to tidy up our room. My kids are 5.3 and 2. With a 13 yr old I would do a room check 1 hour before bedtime. If it's messy they have to go to their room to clean. They will go to their room for 1 hour every night until it's clean.

Moms_Angels1960
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Quoting LindaClement:

In 1951, when kids owned three changes of clothes, one kind of sports equipment and 12 toys... expecting them to keep their rooms clean on their own was sensible.

Today, with most kids owning hundreds of pieces of clothing and thousands of toys? No. It's like expecting a child to manage the inventory for a General Store.

I was going to say the 60's but anyway you have some great points there. Kids today have & get way too many things. I think we all need to declutter their rooms then we wouldn't have such a hard time with telling them to clean their rooms.

With that being said my 10 yr old has a lot of stuff, but she does keep it pretty clean. I have to go through it a couple times a year & get rid of some junk but overall she does a pretty good job of keeping it clean regardless how much junk she has.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)